My sisters iPhone 4s seems to have semi-died

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by jaw2k9, Mar 29, 2013.

1. jaw2k9

jaw2k9 Member
    Bronze

She is a member here, but for reasons alien to me, she won't post this herself.

I don't have all the details, BUT, no Siri, cannot connect to wifi in her home, sporadic outages with texts, no ringer (or notification on texts).

And some other issues/problems - she claims it was never dropped nor gotten wet.

It's about 14 mos old.

I hope she sees this thread - and that y'all can help.

She was going to do a full reset -but cannot get into iTunes to backup - she changed her password and cannot get in at all.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and/or help.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I can't really help you, but I can give you a thought:

princess_bride_280.jpg

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If she can get into the phone, she can set up iCloud backups after she resets the password. Here's a link for resetting the password for her Apple ID password:
    https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html

Try these suggestions in order. Test the phone in between steps to see if the problem is resolved.
    1. Hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time, ignore the slide to power off and let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
    2. Resetting all settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings
    3. Restore from backup.
    4. Restore to factory settings.
    5. If she continues to experience problems after step #4, she'll have to get a replacement.

4. jaw2k9

jaw2k9 Member
    Bronze

Well she is giving up. Her words no more I things for me! It's tough to reason when she won't listen to it. Her issue I think is that the nearest Apple store is 2 hrs away. Of course she's spent that already getting nowhere.

She said Apple chat disconnected her.

I wish she'd post the other symptoms but she won't something I just don't understand.

Sent using iCafe app

5. jaw2k9

jaw2k9 Member
    Bronze

Now it appears Apple is sending her a replacement. I don't think she was able to back up though.

Sent using iCafe app