My son is finally home from Iraq!

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
I'm thrilled beyond belief! This was his second deployment and it was 15 long months. Of course it was the toughest for him but as his mom I can't even begin to explain how it feels to have your baby out in the "Sandbox" facing God knows what everyday. Anyway the reason I'm posting beside the fact that I'm the proudest, happiest woman ever is that Ryan just got a 16g iPhone upon his return. His wife has an 8g and I of course got suckered by the 4g fiasco. However I did spend my early adopter credit on a i pod nano for my girls for Christmas! :)
I think it would be really fabulous if we could all post tips for the iPhone on a special thread for Ryan. To welcome him home and also to make it easier to search without flames! :cool: Ok I'm kidding about the flames part but you know how it works here sometimes!
Ok, the new thread will be titled " Welcome home Spc Ryan C !
Thanks in advance for everything and This forum has taught me soo much.
Thanks,
Colleen

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Glad to hear that. Hope you and your family have a wonderful reunion. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Congratulations mom and Ryan. I can't imagine what that would be like. Hopefully, they'll all be home soon.

bry279

Bronze
Apr 3, 2008
That is great news!
Welcome Home Ryan.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Congratulations on his safe return!

We're all indebted for his bravery.

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
thanks ryan.............we appreciate your service

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Shake his hand for me and tell him how thankful I am every day to be able to do things we take for granted because of the men and women like him that keep our great country free.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Tell your son he has the admiration of an ex-marine, and that we all appreciate his contribution and the fact that he didn't have to give his life for Iraqi scum! Ooh Rah!

quillhill

Feb 29, 2008
What a welcome home! What a great mom to have raised a son who is willing to serve at such a time. For those of us who cannot serve, I thank you both, because military mom and military wife are among the hardest jobs in the armed forces. :)

I'll see if I can think of a tip. I'm relatively new to iPhone myself so I've just been lurking and learning trying to only spout off occasionally.