My speed test on WiFi and on the network

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I just recently ran a speed test and the results were interesting. I normally get dismal results via wifi and subpar results over the network. Today I ran it and it was 3 x's faster than any previous test I've ran. I guess there could a many factors invoked, but take a look for yourself.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1318767469.063341.jpg

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I just recently ran a speed test and the results were interesting. I normally get dismal results via wifi and subpar results over the network. Today I ran it and it was 3 x's faster than any previous test I've ran. I guess there could a many factors invoked, but take a look for yourself. View attachment 16669
Wow, I just did a speed test on my wifi and it is much faster too. I tested on the opposite side of the house like I normally do and it's a good 4 Mbps faster now!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I am assuming that it has to do with my AT&T Internet being basic, I hope. I never have any problem downloading while on wifi other than hd video loading slow. Dunno.

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
I just recently ran a speed test and the results were interesting. I normally get dismal results via wifi and subpar results over the network. Today I ran it and it was 3 x's faster than any previous test I've ran. I guess there could a many factors invoked, but take a look for yourself. View attachment 16669

That is some slow Internet. You need to have it checked.

Attachments

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Here's mine.

Sent from my White iPhone 4S using iCafe app
I am curious; those speeds are very fast. Who is that Internet through and what does it cost per month?
I talked with AT&T and that was what I was paying for. I upped that from 1-1.5 mbps to 3-5 Mbps for $19.99..
We'll see how it goes.

ed2438

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 9, 2010
El Paso, TX
I am curious; those speeds are very fast. Who is that Internet through and what does it cost per month?
I talked with AT&T and that was what I was paying for. I upped that from 1-1.5 mbps to 3-5 Mbps for $19.99..
We'll see how it goes.
Mine is through Time Warner Cable. I am paying $40 a month. It's the 15Mbps down and 3Mbps down. I also have a pretty good router that doesn't bog down the Internet speed through wifi.

Sent from my White iPhone 4S using iCafe app

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
We'll see how it goes.
I have Verizon Fios. I pay a hundred bucks for phone,hd tv and Internet. Internet speeds are 15 mbs up and 5 down. As for cell service,it's AT&T

Attachments

Oct 3, 2009
Holy crackers....look at the upload speed on the top one. My internet is doing strange things.

Last edited by a moderator: