My Theory

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Right bare with me on this but Ive been thinking and the whole jailbreaking process seems really good and pretty simular to what the SDK is going to be, open up an installer and download your programme/app. It got me thinking, do you think Apple are behind the installer/jailbreaking. because in theory were not doing anything illegal to the iPhone all we are doing is opeing up the phone to its full capabilities......

As we know, Apple arnt stupid and they obviouly know that users jailbreak there phone, so what stops Apple helping people jailbreak there iPhones to test out there future SDK products and get developers, developing potentially good apps such as SMB, customize. etc as without jailbreaking people wouldn't discover they can develop these until Apple have released this SDK....

Far fetched sure, maybe true, not sure! what do you guys think?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I don't think so. I don't have any idea why Apple would go to that length to do this. I think that when the third party apps start coming out people will be impressed with how easy it is compared to jailbreaking, and how much better "approved" apps will run as opposed to "jailbroke" apps. You never know what the future holds though!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
As we know, Apple arnt stupid and they obviouly know that users jailbreak there phone, so what stops Apple helping people jailbreak there iPhones to test out there future SDK products and get developers, developing potentially good apps such as SMB, customize. etc as without jailbreaking people wouldn't discover they can develop these until Apple have released this SDK....

Far fetched sure, maybe true, not sure! what do you guys think?
Apple is not going to help us jailbreak, not even close. They are not about to honer warranties for malfunctioning equipment brought about by improper jailbreaking methods.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I don't believe that Apple has helped. But may I remind you that they havnt don't much to stop it. LOL someone said not to long ago the jailbroken comunity is just beta testing what's to come. Apple turns a blind eye to it so to speak.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
they obviously know its going on and could quite easily stop it, but like is said above, why would they if were basically beta testing for the SDK release.....thats why I thought they maybe behind it

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
they obviously know its going on and could quite easily stop it, but like is said above, why would they if were basically beta testing for the SDK release.....thats why I thought they maybe behind it
Not a bad theory, at all. I'm pretty sure it be in their best intrest to be "aware" of what's happening here (and other top iPhone sites).

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Not a bad theory, at all. I'm pretty sure it be in their best intrest to be "aware" of what's happening here (and other top iPhone sites).
Exactly. Which is probably why they have their own "installer" that looks almost exactly like the jailbreak installer with a different logo. It's got a very similar category list too.
I believe Apple at LEAST has people lurking on the top forums and testing the "illegal" aspects of the iPhone that we have all been using for months now.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Exactly. Which is probably why they have their own "installer" that looks almost exactly like the jailbreak installer with a different logo. It's got a very similar category list too.
I believe Apple at LEAST has people lurking on the top forums and testing the "illegal" aspects of the iPhone that we have all been using for months now.
It would be ignorant not too! I think it would be nice if they at least stepped out and introduced themselves nicely! Hi I'm Fred with Apple and I just peruse this forum in search of the best ideas around. LOL If they made themselves known every person on the forum would barrage them with posts questioning copy/paste, and all the other goodies people are wanting. APPLE I SAID COPY AND PASTE. Pay attention to what the people on this forum are talking about Apple employees! These people are your current customers, and your future customers come HERE to see if we are satisied so that they might know that your product is worthy of buying. This means if you satisfy us, we praise the efforts of Apple. If we praise the efforts of Apple, the people contemplating getting an iPhone will knoe it can only get better. If the best phone on the market can only get better with time, people would be ignorant to not buy this phone! I know you Apple employees read this, it is just unfortunate that you cannot respond to us, and fill us in on the scoop!