3. Ghost In the Shell
  4. 2001 A Space Oddessy
  5. Terminator Series
  6. District 9
  7. Shallow Grave
  8. Sunshine
  9. Kill Bill
  10. The Matrix Trilogy

Extra ones These are my top rated in my iTunes Movie List. (sorry)
Rashomon (greatest Japanese movie from the 1950's)
The Decent. (great movie, don't watch with 8.1 surround sound you'll get goosebumps)
Du Saram Yida
Happy Go Lucky (EN-RA-HA) Youll get that if u see the movie lol
Days of being wild, In The mood for Love, 2046. (watch in that order)
Farewell My Concubine
Forever Enthralled
Raise the Red Lantern (Beautiful!)
Purple Butterfly
Im a Cyborg But Thats OK.
La Niña santa.
How'ls moving Castle (Its an anime film but brilliance comes in all forms)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Good movies London. There's a few of them that I haven't seen, I'm definitely going to have to check out Zeitgeist, I hadn't even heard of that one before.

coasts, I havn't seen most of those, but No Country For Old Men was really good.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow, it's hard enough for me to remember 10 movies I even liked nowadays. I've so fallen by the wayside when it comes to cinema. Here's 10 I can definitely say I like, though their order is completely random (except for #1... my alltime fav)

1. American Beauty
2. Donnie Darko
3. South Park
4. Commando
5. Dazed & Confused
6. Super Troopers
7. Shawshank Redemption
8. Falling Down
9. Memento
10. Seven

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's my updated list.

1. Snatch
2. Kill Bill
3. Donnie Darko
4. Fight Club
5. V For Vendetta
6. Fargo
7. Requiem For A Dream
8. Office Space
9. District 9
10.The Machinist

I also really like The Blair Witch Project, Contact, Pulse (Kairo) Original Japanese version, 28 Days Later, 28 weeks later, Mememto, and Being John Malcovich.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Good movies London. There's a few of them that I haven't seen, I'm definitely going to have to check out Zeitgeist, I hadn't even heard of that one before.
Make sure to watch with an open mind. What the movie talks about and shows is frightening. Despite the criticisms from movie critics some of the stuff IS eye opening....V for Vendetta could be a a watered down version of Part II in Zeitgeist.

Here's the second movie that came out in 2008.

*Note. Both movies were released to the internet. The links arent piracy.
Btw, have a sit down and relax, both movies are 2hrs long try to pay attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Here's my updated list.

1. Snatch
2. Kill Bill
3. Donnie Darko
4. Fight Club
5. V For Vendetta
6. Fargo
7. Requiem For A Dream
8. Office Space
9. District 9
10.The Machinist

I also really like The Blair Witch Project, Contact, Pulse (Kairo) Original Japanese version, 28 Days Later, 28 weeks later, Mememto, and Being John Malcovich.
You my dear have VERY good taste in movies. Kairo was amazing the day it came out. 28 Days later and weeks later we're great! Ill have to check out Donnie Darko, Fargo, Req for a dream, office space and Being John Malcovich. I've never heard of those ones.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Movies:

1. State and Main
2. Harold and Maude
At first I thought that said Harold and Kumar and i choked as I was drinking Coke. Nice list. Several I haven't seen. I'll be hitting up BlockBuster.

Wow, it's hard enough for me to remember 10 movies I even liked nowadays. I've so fallen by the wayside when it comes to cinema. Here's 10 I can definitely say I like, though their order is completely random (except for #1... my alltime fav)

1. American Beauty
2. Donnie Darko
3. South Park
4. Commando
5. Dazed & Confused
6. Super Troopers
7. Shawshank Redemption
8. Falling Down
9. Memento
10. Seven
Aside from Commando, which I don't think I've seen, those are all movies I love as well. That wouldn't be my top 10 (I'll try and come up with one of my own) but we have very similar taste in movies it would seem.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Commando rules as absurd cinema. Arnie's finest work! I've probably seen it at least 20 times... but not in about 20 years ;)

It has Alyssa Milano in it!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You my dear have VERY good taste in movies. Kairo was amazing the day it came out. 28 Days later and weeks later we're great! Ill have to check out Donnie Darko, Fargo, Req for a dream, office space and Being John Malcovich. I've never heard of those ones.
You've never heard of Office Space?! Those others are great movies too, so there's another recommendation to watch them.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Agreed, she has a great list. Do indeed check out those you mentioned, as they're all amazing.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Well im in the mood to watch 2 of them right now. (I hardly sleep since im on so many timezones.)

Which do you guys recommend First and second?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Donnie Darko first, Office Space second. Really depends on your mood, though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's a few more that are worth adding to the list; Silence of the Lambs, 2010, The Wrestler, and A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean version).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Donnie Darko, and make sure it's the Directors Cut.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
K Donnie it is. Def Gona watch tale of two sisters.

Btw Europa check out Du Saram Yida Idk what its called in english, but its a part of the HorrorFest things. What pisses me off is this was a feature film, yet in america its put next to really ****ty B movies. Also PLEASE WATCH The Vengeance Trilogy. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Mr Vengeance and Old Boy. Top Notch.

I've seen 2010 and the Hannibal trilogy. - very good movies.

Btw Coasts Amelie was really good.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've seen Old Boy, great movie. I'll have to watch the others.

A Tale of Two Sisters is a complicated movie. Watch it, then read the guide on IMDb (it's several pages and they break down every scene), and then watch it again to fully appreciate it.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Btw, quick question as i wiki each movie i haven't seen that you guys post. I notice Fargo, and No country for old men are made by the same director. The coen brothers. Do i need to watch Fargo, Blood Simple, and no country for old men? Is there any specific order to watch them in? And are they even related?

Btw, Check out The Nines. That was a good movie, no special effects or anything a good sitdown movie that keeps your interest.

Europa you are impressing me immensely. A Woman that knows good movies is a rare thing. Its like a girl who knows what car she drives, the power it makes and all the technical aspects and details of the car besides "its pretty".

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Btw, quick question as i wiki each movie i haven't seen that you guys post. I notice Fargo, and No country for old men are made by the same director. The coen brothers. Do i need to watch Fargo, Blood Simple, and no country for old men? Is there any specific order to watch them in? And are they even related?
The movies are all unrelated so you don't have to worry about that. I'd just do them in chronological order from when they came out, so you can see how the Coens develop as directors.