My usage time is running always?

YAF

Jan 17, 2008
I just noticed my usage time is running constantly!
My Wi-Fi is off
I check for emails every hour automatically.

What could make the usage time run authomatically? It just started doing so..., it did not before?

Please advice?

YAF

Jan 17, 2008
Bumping this post!

Does anyone know why usage is running all the time?
Its draining out my battery..., please advice?

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Use either Yahoo or Gmail push and then you don't have to have it autocheck your email at all.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Yahoo and G mail have "Push mail" It means whenever you get an email at your account the service "pushes" it right to your iPhone and the iPhone makes the little sound and notifies you. You can keep the auto check set to manual and still be notified right away when you get a new email.
It works the way push mail works on a Blackberry.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Yahoo and G mail have "Push mail" It means whenever you get an email at your account the service "pushes" it right to your iPhone and the iPhone makes the little sound and notifies you. You can keep the auto check set to manual and still be notified right away when you get a new email.
It works the way push mail works on a Blackberry.
I have a GMAIL account and i need to manually check to get my e-mails....no "push"

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
usage time doesn't have anything to do with how often your phone is set to check email. straight from the iPhone's user guide in the section on Usage Statistics:

- Amount of time iPhone has been unlocked and in use since the last full charge
- Amount of time iPhone has been in standby mode—locked but turned on—since
the last full charge

the Call Time and EDGE Network Data statistics are self-explanatory, of course...

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
I just noticed my usage time is running constantly!
My Wi-Fi is off
I check for emails every hour automatically.

What could make the usage time run authomatically? It just started doing so..., it did not before?

Please advice?
Is your iPhone on "Auto-Lock? If not, you night consider doing so. There are 5 available time settings to choose from. Hopefully, this should help limit some of your usage time and preserve your battery, as well.