my voicemail doesn't work- callers get a non-stop beep

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
just learned that when i don't answer my phone, callers are unable to leave a message. it used to work. i had a custom answer, etc. now callers simply hear a buzzing sound that doens't stop and can't leave a message. what do i do? thanks

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I wish I could help, but I have no clue. I guess go to ATT and ask them for help. Sorry that I really couldn't help.

bbguy5

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Rolling Meadows, IL
not trying to be rude, but don't post a question and expect an answer in 10 minutes at 4am.

Have you tried re-recording your greeting? or seeing if turning on your default message works.

Need to do first level troubleshooting

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
not trying to be rude, but don't post a question and expect an answer in 10 minutes at 4am.

Have you tried re-recording your greeting? or seeing if turning on your default message works.

Need to do first level troubleshooting

it's not even midnight. i posted this at 11. and yes, i've done both

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
If you've tried what the previous poster suggested and it's still not working, I would suggest you take it to an Apple store as soon as possible. They could probably help you more.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
just learned that when i don't answer my phone, callers are unable to leave a message. it used to work. i had a custom answer, etc. now callers simply hear a buzzing sound that doens't stop and can't leave a message. what do i do? thanks

You may want to contact AT&T about it, it sounds like a corrupt mailbox, and what they will most likely have to do is delete and re-create it. Ive seen this in the past when Ive worked for a Cellular carrier. Good luck, but seriously doubt it is on the Handset side.