Myspace on iPhone

enzojrc

Jul 30, 2007
Does anyone know how I can get the mobile.myspace.com off of my phone so that I can go to the main web page and not the mobile version?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
when u go to myspace there is a pc button u can hit to go to the regular website. Also u can google myspace and it will take u there. After u get to the regular site make it a button on your homesceen for quick access.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
when u go to myspace there is a pc button u can hit to go to the regular website. Also u can google myspace and it will take u there. After u get to the regular site make it a button on your homesceen for quick access.
When the iPhones first started getting redirectly to mobile.myspace we didn't have the option to choose the PC version. I guess someone listened to some feedback. It's nice when I'm on wifi to have that PC option, but on EDGE the mobile version is much quicker.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I hate being redirected to the mobile version of pages. Sure, if I had an inferior phone without amazing browser capabilities then I would be perfectly content with the mobile version, but really, just give me the real deal.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I hate being redirected to the mobile version of pages. Sure, if I had an inferior phone without amazing browser capabilities then I would be perfectly content with the mobile version, but really, just give me the real deal.
Could not agree more. I can not stand being forced to mobile sites when we have a phone that is more than capable of using the real site.
IMO it should be the other way around. Take us to the real site with the option of mobile if someone would rather have that.:mad:

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
Im able to get on the regular myspace but sometimes after about 5 min. the internets just goes off and the iPhone goes to the homescreen for some odd reason. Anyone else have the problem?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Im able to get on the regular myspace but sometimes after about 5 min. the internets just goes off and the iPhone goes to the homescreen for some odd reason. Anyone else have the problem?
Try completely powering down your phone. Hold down the "Lock" button on the top of the iPhone until you get the "Slide to Power Off" screen. Slide and shut it down and then restart it. You'll see the white Apple logo on the black background. Most people never completely shut down their iPhones, but I found that if I do this every three or four days, it reduces the crashing in Safari.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've also found that giving my phone a soft-reset every few days reduces the amount of Safari crashes. It hasn't happened in quite some time though, thankfully.