Mythbusters!

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
OK some of the things on the show are just 'fluff' to fill in the spaces. Sometimes they get it right and the results are hilarious! Here are three clips that I've shortened to 'cut to the chase'.

Elephants and Mice

Fish In a Barrel

Buster and Barrel

Sorry, not iPhone friendly....wmv.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
greatest show ever.

my favorite one was the dynamite+cement truck episode. like you said, they don't always get it right, but it is always fun to watch them try.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'd go so far as to say there are serious flaws in the methadology of about 80% of their experiments, but here I go sounding like the countless geeks that write in to that show to complain. Accuracy obviously isn't the point (which is why it's always the most fun when they go beyond to show what it would actually take to accomplish the myth... pure entertainment!)

Good show though, love it...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, it's not "science" as they so often claim, but it sure as hell is better entertainment than just about anything else on TV.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't like the B-team though. Other than Carrie, they're almost unbrearable to watch at times. Especially when they try to "spice it up" with "humor".

But I could watch Carrie all day long. Doing whatever she wants. It's cool.

I'd watch only the B team all day long, though, before I watch that other show... wassit called? Smash lab or whatever? Holy hell is that show a load of crap. Horribly written, paced, "acted".... everything... it's just embarrasing!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
gawd, i can't stand her... completely useless and uninteresting, imo. Grant's ok, because he's really the only slightly knowledgeable one.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I didn't say she was interesting. Or smart.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i know. i tried to overlook it, believe me... i just can't.

i'm sure she's good for other things, though.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I liked the build team before they started adding the 'acting' in the last season or two.

Here is another one:
Water Heater

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I like Carrie.

my girlfriend also called me a mythbusters geek after I said to her once "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"...

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I like Carrie.

my girlfriend also called me a mythbusters geek after I said to her once "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"...
and the appropriate reply is?

a) Live long and prosper
b) May the force be with you
c) Beam me up
d) I am your father!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I like to watch the show because of that goofy red headed girl, dunno if shes still on it or not, but you know the one. She reminds me of a lot of my female friends in highschool, only if they never grew up. Still charming all the same.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I like to watch the show because of that goofy red headed girl, dunno if shes still on it or not, but you know the one. She reminds me of a lot of my female friends in highschool, only if they never grew up. Still charming all the same.
Kari is still on the show, I think she's no better or no worse than the other two in the build team. None are actually "scientists" (well maybe Grant) but this is entertainment after all.

IMO this is much better than Smash Lab.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
That's not saying that much really.

And you actually knew how to spell "kari"... you really are a fan!
Embarrasing isn't it. I just recall seeing that black tshirt with "kari" written boldly across her chest.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I like the cellphone at the gas pump episode myself. I used to watch it all the time but now all I catch is reruns.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I like the cellphone at the gas pump episode myself. I used to watch it all the time but now all I catch is reruns.
And there are a lot of reruns! My Tivo records tons of them!

I wanted to expand on psylichon and smash lab. I was trying to keep an open mind but IMO the only show that was worth anything was the earthquake proof house episode. A close second was the liquified sand ep. The rest have been crap and the girl is getting irritating..... she's no Kari :p

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Embarrasing isn't it. I just recall seeing that black tshirt with "kari" written boldly across her chest.
If she hadn't worn that, millions of Mythbusters fans would still be calling her "Carrie" cause they don't really look at anything else.

Especially after that shark week special with the bikini... it's like, "moar, moar, MOAR"