n00b question - iPhone 3G Ver 2.0.2

manamaboy

Nov 24, 2008
iPhone 3G look and feel rox with some cool navigations. The installer is also different with quick searches, but freezes from time to time. I read in another thread that Cydia can be a good replacement for Installer and can fetch more applications for installation.

In my previous iPhone, I had lotsa applications like
- iScores -> Soccer update reg. english premier league
- SMSD
- WeTool
- BossPrefs
- iBlackJack
- Tris
- PhotoDial

In iPhone 3G, i cudnt find these applications either in installer or in cydia. Stuck here :(. That means, are things yet to get stabilized for Ver 2.0 or above? And applications like the above arent yet compatible with 3G?

Opinions pls. :)

manamaboy

Nov 24, 2008
so many views but not a single reply... :(

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Installer is kind of on the way out.. not really supported. At least that's the impression I'm getting. Cydia is where it's at.

I recognize a few of those apps and some of them are on Cydia, although they might have new names or have been phased out with a similar app in place.

You might need to add some additional sources in Cydia. I think I read if you install the stefwezz (I think that's how it's spelled) repository then add "all sources" you'll have more apps than you can shake a stick at.

manamaboy

Nov 24, 2008
Thanks a heap.... :) don't want to quote your id cos u might feel that i am abusing... :D

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I feel like I've been abused every time I READ his screen name, let alone actually saying it... ;) Just kiddin, freakydeaky.

manamaboy

Nov 24, 2008
nice 2 c some quickie replies...hope to find similar apps in cydia, in the same speed... :D