Name of our website

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What would you say if everythingiCafe were to change to a new and shorter name? Something easier to type into a browser. Keep in mind that domains are difficult to come by, so a name that might make tremendous sense, might be difficult to acquire given our little or no budget allocated for said possible change. No, eiC.com is not available.

Discuss.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
will we be able to vote for it ?
Depending on what options I came up with. Right now, I'd like to get feedback on whether members would be receptive to that sort of change. Our being a site that deals heavily in mobile devices, there is something to a shorter domain name. I know that despite bookmarks, I find myself typing everythingiCafe.com quite often. It's 15 characters, plus the dot com.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do you want to keep the "cafe" in there?
In a perfect world, I think the less character ridden domain would have some ties back to the current site domain. That would help any prospective change. I don't want people to show up and say, hey what's this site iMagic.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
In a perfect world, I think the less character ridden domain would have some ties back to the current site domain. That would help any prospective change. I don't people to show and say, hey what's this site iMagic.
got it.

www. AllApple .com is not taken

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
www . AlliTalk .com is also available.
I'm thinking "all" in replace of "everything" way shorter, but not as catchy. Sounds like a telephone company thou.