Napoleon's Spelling and Grammar Peeves Thread!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Twitter needs a lesson in who vs. whom. This should obviously be “Whom to follow.” But I guess they want to appeal to the masses, so they inevitably dumb it down:

whom to follow.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Almost a billion English speakers in the world, and not even one could be reached and asked to proofread this ad?

Screenshot_20170404-200428.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Here is a half-assed apology from a Miami chain's Twitter account. They apparently don't know the definition of timely. I considered replying back, but that would probably make me an ass... Which everyone know I'm not. *snicker*

Screenshot_20170425-202406.png

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So, now that you're retired you've got nothing better to do than join the grammar brigade? :p Seriously Jack, good to see you got the watch and are living the 'vette life!
Haha, thanks Rick! Did you have a good birthday? I sent you a birthday greeting on FB messenger.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's sad when the President of your country of residence can't spell correctly.

I'm not even sure if he was trying to write "counsel" or "council," but I do know that whichever he was going for, he failed miserably. This is a word he should've had no issues with.

The mods should note that this post isn't political commentary, as I'm not addressing his fitness for duty (or lack thereof) at this moment. I'm addressing his poor spelling.

Screenshot_20170518-091142.png

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

I'm not even sure if he was trying to write "counsel" or "council," but I do know that whichever he was going for, he failed miserably. This is a word he should've had no issues with.

The mods should note that this post isn't political commentary, as I'm not addressing his fitness for duty (or lack thereof) at this moment. I'm addressing his poor spelling.

View attachment 45362
We all have issues with autocorrect at times. But the president doesn't tweet from that anymore. Someone else does. All the president's tweets are from @POTUS. Some of his tweets appear on both. It was the same with Obama. He didn't tweet from @BarackObama. Staff members did.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

View attachment 45362
You don't need to add the disclaimer fur the mods. We usually know what we're doing.