Narrowed it down but still need help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Iv put this problem on here before but last time it was more vague. The problem is my iPhone 3GS shuts of randomly then won't turn on until I plug it in to a power outlet. Last time I thought it may have been a mobile substrate problem but there are new developments. It reset in safe mode a few times meaning it is not a mobile substrate problem. Iv discovered it only shuts off when it uses Internet. 3G or wifi. Once in a while it shuts off while sending a txt but the majority of the time is while I'm using safari or Facebook. If I do not use Internet it is ok. Last night I took an hour car ride too and from Bristol it was a total of 2 hours and I listened to music the whole time but did not respond to facebook or use safari and it was ok. So I'm pretty sure it's involving Internet. Has Anyone els has had this problem?

Also I would have put this in the jailbreak thread but I can't find it on the everythingicafe app.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Also I would have put this in the jailbreak thread but I can't find it on the everythingicafe app.
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section. The Modifications and Jailbreak section isn't viewable from the app, you will need to launch Mobile Safari to view these sections.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Iv put this problem on here before but last time it was more vague. The problem is my iPhone 3GS shuts of randomly then won't turn on until I plug it in to a power outlet. Last time I thought it may have been a mobile substrate problem but there are new developments. It reset in safe mode a few times meaning it is not a mobile substrate problem. Iv discovered it only shuts off when it uses Internet. 3G or wifi. Once in a while it shuts off while sending a txt but the majority of the time is while I'm using safari or Facebook. If I do not use Internet it is ok. Last night I took an hour car ride too and from Bristol it was a total of 2 hours and I listened to music the whole time but did not respond to facebook or use safari and it was ok. So I'm pretty sure it's involving Internet. Has Anyone els has had this problem?
Which Cydia packages do you have installed - more specifically Mobile Substrate add-ons. Also, do you have Crash Reporter installed?

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Why not go back to first base... start by backing up your iPhone with iTunes...then Restoring it as new....once satisfied your iPhone is working correctly....proceed to jailbreak...then slowly add your jailbreak tweaks back in.... only then think to "copy from back up" when iPhone is both stable and working properly..

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
yes I replaced my battery once before and it was fine for a few months then started doing it again.

I don't think it is a substrate problem cause it did it in safe mode a few times and safe mode is supposed to be a mode that deactivates mobile substrate for error correction.

What is a good battery replacement website? I can change it myself Iv done it once before but it's only been a few months and the battery is doing this again so I want to get it from a different site.