Native app removal

fjclaus

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
I have native apps such as compass, voice memo, stocks and other. I never use them but I cant delete them. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Unfortunately no, if you're jailbroken you can hide them, And I've heard of people even being able to delete them which I don't think it's safe anyway. That's about it.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I was hiking. Lost the sun. Was a new trail. Had a map and gps but need a direction so out came the iPhone compass. Poof worked like a charm.
Now if only it doubled as a moral compass.

fjclaus

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
No u can't delete them. Sorry.
I have all of those I don't use in a folder. Labeled crap lol
Not a bad idea. The apps are still there, but at least they are only taking up one space instead of 6. Thanks for the folder idea Rugaby.

Alan J

Aug 14, 2011
You can delete native apps only if your device is jailbroken, using a program such iPhone explorer.
You basically drag the relevant folder out on to your desktop. But please be warned some of these native apps are connected to other functions on your IDevice. The last time I used such a programme was to unjailbrake a 3GS, I deleted the cydia folder and rebooted one unjailbroken phone. Personally now I would just do as advised here and stuff any unwanted apps in a folder

When you update/restore your IDevice they will reappear anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app