Navigation

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Rbakfan, May 27, 2016.

1. Rbakfan

Rbakfan Member
    Bronze

I've been looking for a navigation app that will let me create custom routes....Not just have 2 or 3 routes to choose from, but where I can drag the route to where I want it to go. The only thing I have found is the desktop version of google maps. It's workable, as I can send the route to my phone, but I would really like to be able to do this on my phone.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Waze, now owned by Google, is a free app that uses crowd sourcing to learn about events on route. It also learns your preference for the routes you commonly use and will offer them as "default" options as you use the app. Give it a go. The only thing it costs is the time to get familiar/comfortable with it. A recently added feature allows for the live display of the speed limit for a road segment. You can even customize how the app alerts you of this.

PS - some folks get upset with pop-ups for nearby restaurants and such. The ads only pop on screen when stopped (at traffic lights, for example). You can mute/hide a lot of these distractions in the settings. Another class of pop-ups come from "groups you follow". That distraction can be customized or completely turned off as well.