Navizon GPS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Has anyone got this to work? After i install it and click on it, it opens up to the login and just freezes, then after about 45 seconds it goes back to my home screen....any ideas?

Note: I didn't install it via installer...i used ibrickr to create a folder then put the files in the folder...is that possibly the problem?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Has anyone got this to work? After i install it and click on it, it opens up to the login and just freezes, then after about 45 seconds it goes back to my home screen....any ideas?

Note: I didn't install it via installer...i used ibrickr to create a folder then put the files in the folder...is that possibly the problem?
Yes it is. If you use iBrickr then you need to change the permissions to 0755. You can do this by installing MobileFinder via Installer, navigating to the Navizon folder and then the program file, and then checking the boxes until you see the number 0755. Weird, I know. Next time, better just install it with Installer since Installer does all of this for you.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yes it is. If you use iBrickr then you need to change the permissions to 0755. You can do this by installing MobileFinder via Installer, navigating to the Navizon folder and then the program file, and then checking the boxes until you see the number 0755. Weird, I know. Next time, better just install it with Installer since Installer does all of this for you.

what if i use squid? I attempted to use installer...when i was loading it it messed up my phone and i had to restore...i'm kinda shying away from it

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
ok that worked...i used squid...but now i'm getting "unable to locate" your location could not be identified..no knows cells or wifi nodes in range....

no good in ny?
That's just a problem with the first release software. For me, it doesn't work about 80% of the time. But I HAVE gotten it to work several times (even when using EDGE) and it was beautiful. Now we are just waiting on consistency and this will be a state-of-the-art third party app.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
It worked for me
I just used App Tap to install
Worked perfectly with Wifi but not with Edge From home
I will test it around the city

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
it downloaded but!

i can not figure out HOW to get a "fix" on my location. tried joining groups, set my home area,coverage area, tried tag, clicked on ALL possible links but it STILL won't locate me?

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
i can not figure out HOW to get a "fix" on my location. tried joining groups, set my home area,coverage area, tried tag, clicked on ALL possible links but it STILL won't locate me?

You are in the Matrix... that is why. You can go on the internet like a normal human, but you are trapped. Trapped inside of the matrix you are.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
does this act as a guided GPS for instance if i need to get from point A to B i pump in where i want to go it will tell me guided how to get there left turn ahead etc?

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Lol i don't really know the point of this application or what its supposed to do i was looking more for a navigation type applicaiton

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
the point is to make your phone a paper weight once Apple puts out the latest update and it realizes that you modded your phone!
Not if you don't update!

But to get back on subject- This app still has not worked once for me, I've been trying different locations for about 3 days and I am right outside L.A.