Navizon

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
Anyone got this working, i cant seem to figure it out? do i need to pay for an account?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I tried it when it was first released and it was flacky at best. I only tried it a few times and when I went back to try it again the free trial had expired. Unless they made some big changes in it I wouldn't waste your time even downloading it. Search this forum for Navizon and you can read others comments on it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Getting an account is free.

It also works fairly well for me. Its latest version has a nice 'moving mode' feature which means it automatically updates your position every 30 seconds (or something close to that) so you don't need to manually refresh if you're trying to use it like a GPS system ...

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I just went to their site and patrickj is correct, after the initial trial period of the premium version the lite version is now free. I might just have to try it again and see if it works better.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I just reinstalled Navizon. Had it find me three times in a row and it put me 3 miles from where I am, 2 miles from where I am, and then back to 3 miles from where I am. I used the mapping option in Google maps and it put me within a half a block from where I am. I think I will pass on Navizon. Doesn't appear any more accurate then last time I used it.