NBC Olympics for Vancouver Games (Free)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If any of you are big fans of the Olympics like I am there is a great app by AT&T called NBC Olympics for the Vancouver Winter Games. It will also provide you with push notification. This app is FREE.

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Calgary AB, Scottsdale, AZ
There is also one by a Canadian Provider (BELL) that is a bit easier to navigate. The name of the app is "2010Guide - Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games"

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
There is also one by a Canadian Provider (BELL) that is a bit easier to navigate. The name of the app is "2010Guide - Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games"
Thank you. I downloaded this App as well. I don't see where it gives push notification, but that isn't critical. This app seems to be more for those who live around the Vancouver area or visiting the Olympics for the venues. Looks good though.

johnan2112

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I downloaded CTV Olympics. It seems more geared towards hockey so I recommend it if you're big hockey fan like I am.

Jan 29, 2010
good one

thanks for the info..a good app to have in my iPhone..its free too...
Got some errors while downloading an on the next attempt i got it right..:cool:

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I have all three Olympic apps but if you want real-time stats you need the Vancouver 2010 app!
I'm watching Hockey (Hockey fan and can't wait for the men’s to start).

I found the NBC app updates in-progress game scores but there is a delay and no stats.

The CTV Olympics app gives score and stats, but the delay is horrible, even worse than the NBC app.

Vancouver 2010 app gives scores and states real time, maybe a second or two delay. It shows when a goal is scored and if someone goes to the penalty box the players name pops up in a box for the duration of the penalty. Very cool.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have all three Olympic apps but if you want real-time stats you need the Vancouver 2010 app!
I'm watching Hockey (Hockey fan and can't wait for the men’s to start).

I found the NBC app updates in-progress game scores but there is a delay and no stats.

The CTV Olympics app gives score and stats, but the delay is horrible, even worse than the NBC app.

Vancouver 2010 app gives scores and states real time, maybe a second or two delay. It shows when a goal is scored and if someone goes to the penalty box the players name pops up in a box for the duration of the penalty. Very cool.
I assume you mean the Vancouver 2010 Hockey app? It is .99 cents. I'm sure it is good if one doesn't mind paying for it. I prefer free apps since the Olympics is only for 2 weeks.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks jpm. I misunderstood. Yes, I have already downloaded this 2010Guide earlier. I still prefer the UI of the NBC Olympics. I find myself going to that app more. I know others will differ about that.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I've been using this app, and am rather impressed with it thus far. If even helped me to find various events on TV!