NCAA Basketball on the iPhone?

somantix

Feb 26, 2009
Is there any application that exists that will allow me to watch NCAA basketball games on the iPhone? Preferably live... but i'll take repeats. i'll be traveling throughout next month and hope to catch a few of my alma mater

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
I don't think so. It's possible CBS or College Sports TV will release an app that allows streaming since they do it online during the tournament, but as of now there's nothing.

somantix

Feb 26, 2009
Hey thanks for the reply... i just ran across this today. Not bad, $5 for all 65 games, already downloaded this sucker. Will let you know what I think.

http://www.iPhonesportsapp.com/2009/03/12/watch-college-basketball-on-your-iphone-ipod-touch/

edit: hm, trying to post a link to the iTunes store, don't know how..
edit2: found it = http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307864832&mt=8

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
this is a sign that there will be live streaming tv to the iPhone soon.

Mar 12, 2009
atlanta, ga
there is an official app in the Apple store under new releases called march madness it will expire once the season is over but supposedly u can watch any game live not sure hot much the app was I believe 5.00 is correct? also espn360.com is streaming the games live for free but I can't get it to work on my phone just yet. I believe it's not compatible with safari but if you have another web browser and it's updated it should work.

somantix

Feb 26, 2009
there is an official app in the Apple store under new releases called march madness it will expire once the season is over but supposedly u can watch any game live not sure hot much the app was I believe 5.00 is correct? also espn360.com is streaming the games live for free but I can't get it to work on my phone just yet. I believe it's not compatible with safari but if you have another web browser and it's updated it should work.
Hey thanks for all the replies guys.

I tried the TV.com and the March Madness apps, and the latter worked much better. It's the official CBS March madness app so no-brainer there. Obviously not the most ideal situation to watch an entire game on my iPhone, but hey, I am old enough to remember (and appreciate) not having an option (or even a cellphone LOL)

The direct link to the app is here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307864832&mt=8

GO MSU! BIG TEN!

patmosel

Mar 17, 2010
I was also looking for such an application for the iPhone. Since I spend a lot of time on the road, watching games on the iPhone would be perfect for me. I am going to download the Basketball March Madness app and really looking forward to checking it out. My eyes are not the best anymore and probably I'll have problems with watching games on the small screen but it's definitely worth giving it a try. $5 is a really fair price and makes it affordable for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: