Need a camera for your iPad, try this app

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Camera For iPad

For $0.99, it’s pretty impressive. If you have an iPhone (3G or 3GS), you buy the app once and install it on both the phone and iPad. It then lets you use the iPhone’s camera to take pictures and send them to the iPad. It can connect to the iPad using WiFi, or Bluetooth so you don’t need a 3G cell connection to make it work.

Either device has a “Take Picture” button so it lets you use the iPhone as sort of a remote camera, letting you snap the picture from the iPad if you want. The photo is transferred to the iPad where it is saved in Photos and can be emailed, tweeted, or whatever.

I don’t think it does video but for photos, it’s very cool.

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
Now that their latest update supports WIFI photo transfers, and 2nd. screen pseudo flash as well, this app is pretty jammin.

-

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
Just downloaded it. Not bad. I just wish bluetooth didn't stay on when you close the app. Is there a way to use the wifi without bluetooth?

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
When is somebody gonna offer an iPhone case with an attached, and adjustable, camera mount?

-

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
I love it. My only issue is the "flash" is too slow over wifi, so it's no help. But other than that, it rocks! Love the mirror mode.

Freud

Apr 29, 2010
iPhone bluetooth + iPad

Ok....here it is! I have a question about that new app that lets you use your iPhone camera with the ipad. It sounds like the perfect fix for no camera on the ipad. i have a used iPhone that is not activated. is there ANY way to use the bluetooth and camera of this iPhone without activating the iPhone? i want to use it as a dedicated webcam for my ipad. someone please tell me how. i'm begging here :sneaky:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
when you turn on the phone, does it go to the "Connect to iTunes" logo? if it gets to the Springboard, then you just have to put put the phone in Airplane Mode. WiFi and BT work without trying to connect to a network.
If it's going to the Connect To iTunes logo, there used to be a number you could type on the "emergency keypad" that would "activate" the phone without putting it on a network. That was several firmware updates ago, so I am not sure if it still works or not, or what the code is.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Ok....here it is! I have a question about that new app that lets you use your iPhone camera with the ipad. It sounds like the perfect fix for no camera on the ipad. i have a used iPhone that is not activated. is there ANY way to use the bluetooth and camera of this iPhone without activating the iPhone? i want to use it as a dedicated webcam for my ipad. someone please tell me how. i'm begging here :sneaky:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to get it to work because I don't think any app will run unless the phone is activated.