Need a new case...

kbalch

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Waltham, MA
Well, my Switcheasy Capsule Neo has split for the second time in the same place. The bottom of the I-piece (adjacent to the dock connector) has separated again. The first time this happened, Switcheasy replaced the I-piece, but I don't feel like chasing them for another replacement. The first one lasted maybe six months and the second only ~four.

The Speck CandyShell looks good, but it doesn't seem to come with a universal dock insert. Can anyone confirm this?

I need the dock insert and I like a hard case that'll slip easily in & out of my front pocket, so no silicone need apply. :) All black, please. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ken

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Speck CandyShell looks good, but it doesn't seem to come with a universal dock insert. Can anyone confirm this?
Correct. You'll have to take the case off to dock it. Are you looking for something...

1. Super slim, minimal protection
2. Medium-sized, good protection
3. Bulky, excellent protection

kbalch

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Waltham, MA
Correct. You'll have to take the case off to dock it. Are you looking for something...

1. Super slim, minimal protection
2. Medium-sized, good protection
3. Bulky, excellent protection
Between 1 & 2. Just looking for enough protection to prevent scratching the back of the phone in my pocket. Because the phone lives in my pocket, I don't want to add a lot of bulk. I definitely don't need anything like the Defender.

The Switcheasy Capsule Neo is really ideal for me. I'd stay with them in a minute if their quality was higher. So, something pretty similar to that would be great.

I definitely don't want to remove the case (or any part of it) in order to use my universal dock. Once the case is on, it'll stay on until it either breaks or I sell the phone for my iPhone 4G! :)

Possible, if it has a universal dock insert, though I've read of more than few people experiencing scratching of their iPhones with the Slider.

Decisions, decisions... :)

Ken

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Possible, if it has a universal dock insert, though I've read of more than few people experiencing scratching of their iPhones with the Slider.
Yes, my iPhone's back got severely scratched from the Incase Slider. I currently rotate between the Speck CandyShell (medium bulk) and the Moshi iGlaze 3G (no bulk).