Need a new case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 14, 2012
I currently use a speck candy shell case and I like everything about it except the scratches. I've only used this case for a little over a month and it is so scratched up that it looks like I've been using it for years. I'm not even hard on the case, the scratches come from laying it on my desk at work and my nightstand at home. (I keep the night stand dusted myself but the cleaning crew at work doesn't do a great job on my desk. It's not horrible though so I wouldn't expect scratches like this.)

So can anyone suggest a case I might like? I've looked through the forums and I'm not finding anything that I'm crazy about. I don't want a lot of bulk added to my phone. The speck case took some getting used to but it's not bad now. Otterbox is out of the question because I don't want a brick. I do want something that would help protect my phone from an accidental drop though. Any ideas?

I've looked at the Incipio cases on their website but I'm not sure about them. Any feedback on what you like about ANY case would be a huge help. Thanks!

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
I love the candy shell too. I have a couple of silicone cases I got off amazon and the otterbox I am a fan of as well. The other case I use is the mophie juice pack plus ... I use that one when I am oncall or on vacation. Gives me extra battery life!

Jun 4, 2012
If you want like the best protection and don't mind bulk, the Griffin survivor is A BEAST at protection. I've dropped my phone so many times especially on concrete and not a single scratch on the case or my phone.

It is quite bulky and isn't for everyone but the protection is amazing. You don't have to be worried about dropping your phone and getting paranoid every time it drops.

ErinR76

Apr 10, 2012
I would not recommend the otterbox commuter. it has two pieces, a soft piece and a hard piece that goes over that, and the soft pieces 'come off' the edges a bit which is annoying. I like my speck case but yes it does scratch. My next case will be a lifeproof, I hope.

davidtodd

Apr 3, 2013
You should also have a look at leather cases - they are a bit bulkier but provide good protection and look great. Bookbook do some really cool ones, and also check out Fonerize.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
Otterbox has plenty of thin options. The reflex and commuter are the thinnest, however the prefix seems smaller compared to the defender (but honestly I haven't looked at them side by side).

Sep 17, 2012
I will say leather case is much better than silicon's one and I'm using the leather one too, coming will buy another lenouveau leather case for spare use! ;)

TBL

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
Tampa, FL
I like the Coveroo slider case. Good cutouts, decent price and very customizable with three different colors and numerous sports teams/college logos and more.

danimaaal

May 9, 2013
Check out the arsenal recon case on Kickstarter

They're developing aluminum alternative to expensive element cases with better protection and no screws

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
This belkin case is really nice.. I have a speck case, but find myself using this belkin much more.. Keeps the phone feeling thin and actually protects rather well.. Wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I really do.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1368139905.806596.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
I bought the Best Case (that's actually the name if the brand) from Target. It is a slim snap on case. And it come in a soft matte finish. I bought the black one and it looks really good on my white iPhone.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.