Need a new case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Chris Allen, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Chris Allen

Chris Allen New Member

I currently use a speck candy shell case and I like everything about it except the scratches. I've only used this case for a little over a month and it is so scratched up that it looks like I've been using it for years. I'm not even hard on the case, the scratches come from laying it on my desk at work and my nightstand at home. (I keep the night stand dusted myself but the cleaning crew at work doesn't do a great job on my desk. It's not horrible though so I wouldn't expect scratches like this.)

So can anyone suggest a case I might like? I've looked through the forums and I'm not finding anything that I'm crazy about. I don't want a lot of bulk added to my phone. The speck case took some getting used to but it's not bad now. Otterbox is out of the question because I don't want a brick. I do want something that would help protect my phone from an accidental drop though. Any ideas?

I've looked at the Incipio cases on their website but I'm not sure about them. Any feedback on what you like about ANY case would be a huge help. Thanks!

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

3. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

:sigh:

Look on eBay for cases. There are so many awesome cases on there, if you are looking for drop protection I'd look at something similar to speck candyshell because of the hard plastic and rubber combo.

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

4. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

I love the candy shell too. I have a couple of silicone cases I got off amazon and the otterbox I am a fan of as well. The other case I use is the mophie juice pack plus ... I use that one when I am oncall or on vacation. Gives me extra battery life!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

:sigh: back at ya ;)

6. Chris Allen

Chris Allen New Member

Thanks for the feeback. I will look on eBay. I haven't thought to look there. I rarely use it.

7. GrannySmith

GrannySmith New Member

If you want like the best protection and don't mind bulk, the Griffin survivor is A BEAST at protection. I've dropped my phone so many times especially on concrete and not a single scratch on the case or my phone.

It is quite bulky and isn't for everyone but the protection is amazing. You don't have to be worried about dropping your phone and getting paranoid every time it drops.

8. ErinR76

ErinR76 New Member

I would not recommend the otterbox commuter. it has two pieces, a soft piece and a hard piece that goes over that, and the soft pieces 'come off' the edges a bit which is annoying. I like my speck case but yes it does scratch. My next case will be a lifeproof, I hope.

9. davidtodd

davidtodd New Member

You should also have a look at leather cases - they are a bit bulkier but provide good protection and look great. Bookbook do some really cool ones, and also check out Fonerize.

10. Anna Harris

Anna Harris New Member

Check out cases from Otterbox as they are the best in durability and looks.

11. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Otterbox has plenty of thin options. The reflex and commuter are the thinnest, however the prefix seems smaller compared to the defender (but honestly I haven't looked at them side by side).

12. Lorry Smith

Lorry Smith New Member

I will say leather case is much better than silicon's one and I'm using the leather one too, coming will buy another lenouveau leather case for spare use! ;)

13. TBL

TBL Member
    Bronze

I like the Coveroo slider case. Good cutouts, decent price and very customizable with three different colors and numerous sports teams/college logos and more.

14. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Try Nite ize connection cases and Seidio cases. Used both for my 4s and ip5. Both offer minimum bulky yet protection, best grip.

Sent using iCafe app

15. danimaaal

danimaaal New Member

Check out the arsenal recon case on Kickstarter

They're developing aluminum alternative to expensive element cases with better protection and no screws

16. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

This belkin case is really nice.. I have a speck case, but find myself using this belkin much more.. Keeps the phone feeling thin and actually protects rather well.. Wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I really do. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1368139905.806596.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

17. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I bought the Best Case (that's actually the name if the brand) from Target. It is a slim snap on case. And it come in a soft matte finish. I bought the black one and it looks really good on my white iPhone.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.