Need a PDF reader with a good iCloud file manager

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by Patrick Stinson, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Patrick Stinson

Patrick Stinson New Member

I have large projects with deep folder structures stored in my Documents folder, which is now stored iCloud Drive after macOS Sierra. However, I can't seem to find a PDF annotator (hilighting, drawing markup with pencil, adding notes, etc) with a decent file manager that lets you easily navigate deep folders in iCloud Drive outside their own app folder. All use the default apple dialog which doesn't save its last locaton, causing you to have to re-navigate back through the folder structure when you want to open another file in the same directory you were just in.

This rules out the iPad for efficient editing of documents in large projects.

Anyone know of a good one?
    Thanks!

2. Patrick Stinson

Oh, and it needs to save files in the same locaton they were opened in, not just open and. Copy them to the app's own folder.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

PDF expert by Readdle works well. I don't know if it does all you want, but you can check it out.
    PDF Expert - Edit, annotate and sign PDF documents by Readdle
    https://appsto.re/us/nGcwS.i

4. Patrick Stinson

Yeah, that's the best one I've found yet it is a pain to actually use a deep folder structure on iCloud Drive. Basically any app that uses the default Apple iCloud Drive file chooser dialog and doesn't include a robust file manager to access arbitrary iCloud Drive folders isn't going to cut it.