Need a warranty replacement iPhone? What's in the box?

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
My phone freezes about 8-10 times a day. Apple store is over an hour drive, so I decided to have them mail me a pick up box and send in my phone. I also decided to have them send me a replacement phone to use while mine is getting fixed. It cost 30 bucks, and is a brand new iPhone. I was really impressed by how they packaged the replacement. Here are the pics.

I think the funniest part is that it comes with a paper clip in a little baggy. Haha.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
The paper clip is to remove the sim card....apparently Apple has not created a special tool specifically for this as a paperclip works perfectly.

Looks really nice the way they implement the mail-service....just curious, how long did it take for that box to arrive?

If I was an hour from an Apple store I would rather drive than have to send my phone out, but thats just me. BTW, those replacement phones are refurbished iPhones that customers returned.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I know what the paper clip is for, I just thought it was funny that they included one in its own little bag. They shipped it next day before 10:30. Looks brand new to me, so refurb is fine. Hopefully I can keep this one and they'll just keep mine.

Eric

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I know what the paper clip is for, I just thought it was funny that they included one in its own little bag. They shipped it next day before 10:30. Looks brand new to me, so refurb is fine. Hopefully I can keep this one and they'll just keep mine.

Eric
They don't want people jamming anything available into the hole to pop the sim out. They want their phone back in as good as possible condition after you change the sims.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Wow, thanks guys couldn't figure out what the special tool was for :p

Anyway, they ended up replacing mine with a brand new iPhone, shipped the broke one out Wed at 5pm they dropped off the new one 1045 on Fri, pretty sweet. And here is what they sent me.

Even came in a cool thin iPhone box.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
had the same issue with my wife iPhone and did the exact same thing. Received the box and service iPhone the next day through fedex and shipping out my iPhone for service tomorrow!