Need advice from members

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
This is a personal issue, and wish to ask for advice from forum members. My wife has been out of work for a while, and our phone bill has been rather expensive with the iPhone data plan and the unlimited messaging. As we have fallen behind on our bills, the thought of selling my 3g iPhone did come to mind, but i cant bear the thought of using a nokia 2600 until we get back on track. What should i do? im just gonna buy another when our finances get together, so our bill would be just as much in a few months. Am i being selfish in not wanting to part with the most amazing device i ever used? Any advice would be wonderful...

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Hello,
I think if the finances are affecting your marriage or your life in a negative way, is better to get rid of the iPhone and buy it when your finances are back on track. You can always buy one later, but your finances can't wait. I was in a similar situation and had to get rid of things that I didn't want. Good Luck!

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
if you don't want to sell the phone, you could just use your crappy phone with a lower plan till you get back on your feet. That, or sell the iPhone :(

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello,
I think if the finances are affecting your marriage or your life in a negative way, is better to get rid of the iPhone and buy it when your finances are back on track. You can always buy one later, but your finances can't wait. I was in a similar situation and had to get rid of things that I didn't want. Good Luck!
I think you're right on this one! Don't let something like this affect your life and marriage! Maybe there will be an 32GB iPhone at the same price then..;)

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
if you don't want to sell the phone, you could just use your crappy phone with a lower plan till you get back on your feet.
I was going to suggest this also. Could that be an option for you? Have you checked with your employer to see if they possibly had a discount with AT&T? Not sure how much that would help.

Sorry about your financial woes. As wonderful as the iPhone is, it's not worth it to get into financial trouble over.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
This is a personal issue, and wish to ask for advice from forum members. My wife has been out of work for a while, and our phone bill has been rather expensive with the iPhone data plan and the unlimited messaging. As we have fallen behind on our bills, the thought of selling my 3g iPhone did come to mind, but i cant bear the thought of using a nokia 2600 until we get back on track. What should i do? im just gonna buy another when our finances get together, so our bill would be just as much in a few months. Am i being selfish in not wanting to part with the most amazing device i ever used? Any advice would be wonderful...
Don't sell, just suspend your plan (if you can) temporarily.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
If you are truly in tough financial times then my vote goes to minimizing your bills as much as possible. Go through all the things you "really" don't need and get it off your books. You'd be amazed at what you can live without. Getting yourself back on track should be your number 1 priority.

Good luck to you in the future.