Need album art?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Well, instead of going online to find it, right click and select " get album art" in iTunes. Better yet, press crtl + A and select all then right click and "get album art." Takes 30 seconds to get all of the album art you need! Unless of you use limewire or something and get stupid album names that don't exist. I have like 5 of these from when i was a n00b.:p

your welcome.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Hmmm... I don't have that option on mine. I'm on a Mac (duh) and right click doesn't give me that option. I'll poke around on help and see if I can find something. Thanks for the idea though!

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
Well, instead of going online to find it, right click and select " get album art" in iTunes. Better yet, press crtl + A and select all then right click and "get album art." Takes 30 seconds to get all of the album art you need! Unless of you use limewire or something and get stupid album names that don't exist. I have like 5 of these from when i was a n00b.:p

your welcome.
i have a lot of albums that iTunes can't recognize because they are not retail albums, but they are official-songs and track names that is by the artist. while it does recognize most of my music it is a pain to have to cycle through 20,000 songs to see what album art i need. lastly who didn't know that lol? a 7 year old could master iTunes!

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
i have a lot of albums that iTunes can't recognize because they are not retail albums, but they are official-songs and track names that is by the artist. while it does recognize most of my music it is a pain to have to cycle through 20,000 songs to see what album art i need. lastly who didn't know that lol? a 7 year old could master iTunes!
I agree, I think it's pretty old news about downloading cover art, but it's not the solve all as many of my cd's I've added in my library were recognized by iTunes but no cover art was ported over.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Hmmm... I don't have that option on mine. I'm on a Mac (duh) and right click doesn't give me that option. I'll poke around on help and see if I can find something. Thanks for the idea though!
You need iTunes 7.2; to find out what version you have, iTunes menu -> About iTunes.

You can also do them en masse: Advanced -> Get Album Artwork

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've got every one of mine done. I do use Limewire, so it took a little while, but all my album art and track numbers are correct now.

I'm all ready for the iPhone.:)

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I've got everyone of mine done. I do use Limewire, so it took a little while, but all my album art and track numbers are correct now.

I'm all ready for the iPhone.:)
Sounds like you had to do some major drag and drop. I guess I have 9 more days to get my library complete.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Sounds like you had to do some major drag and drop. I guess I have 9 more days to get my library complete.
Well the album art part wasn't so bad, but to keep from having several different songs from one album listed separately, you have to make sure all your information is EXACTLY the same. If you've got more than one song from an album (say Stadium Arcadium for instance), you don't won't the songs to list separately in cover flow. If the details for the Artist, Album Artist, and Album are not typed in correctly, you'll get three or four album graphics for the same album in cover flow. Getting all that Info details the same so that I would only get one album graphic is what took so long. Of course, if you're importing your music from your own CD collections or buying all your music from the iTunes store, you won't have this problem. But if you're getting some music from peer-to-peer sharing sites like Limewire, then you've got some work to do to get it exactly right. I just wanted to make sure that when I use cover flow and get to an album with more than one song, I'll be able to tap the screen and see the lists of songs from that album all in one place. (just like el jobso did in the keynote).