Need an alternative to 'iPhone browser'

lukeb

Jun 22, 2009
London, England
Hi all,

Ive been using iPhone browser on my home PC to upload themes etc to winterboard, but on my works laptop it fails to start up once installed, i believe this is down to McAfee blocking it.

What i need is a similar simple GUI programme i can use. Ive done some google research but the only other ways ive found are to use terminal or shh, which i cant be arsed with lol.

Does anyone know of any i could try?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Luke

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Check out the Mod section for more info, but I would recommend winscp for windows and cyberduck for mac. I have had both installed with my old 3g and both worked well

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
Try iFunBox (does not work with 3.0) or DiskAid (works with 3.0).

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Try iFunBox (does not work with 3.0) or DiskAid (works with 3.0).
These programs are primarily to move media around. I wouldn't suggest using these for ssh'ing themes etc on your iPhone

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I use Total Commander with the T-pot add on. It allows connection to the jailbroken phones through USB where most of the others, WinSCP included, require a WiFi connection. It is not always possible to have a Wifi connection especially at work so Total Commander is perfect for my needs. I have used it literally hundreds of times to copy files to and from the phone to include themes and never had a single issue with it.
Search the forums for "total Commander" or "TPot" and you will find links to the program.