Need an Answer about Documents-to-Go App, (Please)!

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Bought it..ugh!
Want to create documents with it...and mail'em.
The app asked for work Msoft exchange. Don't have one.
I was thinking my email google exchange setting could be used?
It seems to not work.
Can someone school me in this please?!
Customer support page for this product did not work ...at least on the phone.
Thank you
tim

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I didn't know there was a Documents to go for the iPhone at all. Can you provide a link to the support site?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
As far as I can tell, there's a version that works WITH MS Exchange and one WITHOUT it.

I suppose you should have gotten the one without MS Exchange support.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Yes, I have the right one ,but when I enter the setting from my Microsoft google activesync account that I use on my iPhone , I continually get a request. For a valid exchange account.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes, I have the right one ,but when I enter the setting from my Microsoft google activesync account that I use on my iPhone , I continually get a request. For a valid exchange account.
The program does not use Google Sync. You have to download a program onto your PC or Mac to sync with your computer.

When you set up your desktop, you will give them your e-mail address. They will e-mail you a link to download the free program.

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
There is confusion here. You can set up a wifi sync with the desktop, but that has nothing to do with the MSExchange downloading of attachments, which does not use the desktop. The MSExchange link allows you to download emails with Word attachments directly to the phone without use of a desktop. I must add, however, that I unable to do it so far, because the app will not accept my Exchange account info, and I am in discussions with Dataviz on what is wrong.

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
Dataviz answered me promptly. What they told me is that if the certificate is custom or self-signed by a particular administrator, the MSExchange sync will not work, at least for now. I thought you should all know.