Need easy software to make free ringtones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
Well I got iToner and in need of help... We can I get free.. YES I MEAN FREE...
Ringtones at.... thanks

or is there a software easy to make ringtones thanks

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Convert any song in iTunes to AAC, shrink it down to 30 seconds and then rename it to m4r. It will work with any MP3 you find.
But can u precisely "shrink" a file to 30 seconds with iTunes?
I use Quicktime Pro to cut a sound file to the 30 seconds I want. Personally, I use the Sound Converter app to convert it to m4a format (which is a form of AAC), then change the suffix to m4r. Double-click the new file and it gets imported automatically in the ringtones' section of iTunes.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
No you can't shrink it down in iTunes. You can use the freely available Audacity to shrink down the MP3, then import it to iTunes and convert it and change it to and m4r. It's a little long winded but it works. I've done it for a dozen ringtones now.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
But can u precisely "shrink" a file to 30 seconds with iTunes?
yes you can...
Right Click Song-->Get Info -->Options
Check box labeled "Start Time" and put in the the min/secs of where you want the clip to start
Check the box labeled "End Time" and enter the time 30 seconds after the start time you chose
Click "OK"
Right Click-->Convert Selection to AAC new song will appear under the original song in iTunes
Right Click original song and uncheck the Start and End boxes to set song play back to full song
Choose new song(will have length of 30 seconds)
Right Click-->Show in Windows Explorer
Rename extension from m4a to m4r, the Type will change to Ringtone
In iTunes play the ringtone, you will get an error can't be found and asked if you want to find it....click yes, and navigate to the song with the m4r extension....there you go

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
yes you can...
Right Click Song-->Get Info -->Options
Check box labeled "Start Time" and put in the the min/secs of where you want the clip to start
Check the box labeled "End Time" and enter the time 30 seconds after the start time you chose
Click "OK"
Right Click-->Convert Selection to AAC new song will appear under the original song in iTunes
Right Click original song and uncheck the Start and End boxes to set song play back to full song
Choose new song(will have length of 30 seconds)
Right Click-->Show in Windows Explorer
Rename extension from m4a to m4r, the Type will change to Ringtone
In iTunes play the ringtone, you will get an error can't be found and asked if you want to find it....click yes, and navigate to the song with the m4r extension....there you go
how do we rename the extension?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Open any folder, click tools from the tabs up top, click folder options, click the view tab and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types." No you can change the extension to whatever you want.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Also you need to open the iTunes, then the ringtone folder, then go to the place where you have changed the .m4r and DRAG & DROP the .m4r into the open ringtone folder in iTunes. Then connect your phone then go to the devicem summary and open ringtones and click the box next to the ringtone, then click apply in lower right.

Done

Moonlight

Dec 27, 2007
Ringtones(problem)

Hi.I have problem with iTunes ringtones.I conver some mp3 to m4a and than rename it on m4r.Than i doubleclick on it.To this step is ewerithing ok-i have song in itunes-ringtone folder,but when i go in itunes-iphone folder and there to folder ringtones(where can I sinc ringtones to iPhone)there is nothing-it looks that I hawe not ringtones in ringtones folder but I have ringtones in itunes-ringtone folder.What is bad?I have iPhone 1.1.1 an iTunes 7.5.0.20. Please Help me.
P.S.excuse please bad english.

Tim7

Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for the advice guys, I've done everything conversion wise, but I don't seem to have a Ringtones folder? Where abouts would this be located?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the advice guys, I've done everything conversion wise, but I don't seem to have a Ringtones folder? Where abouts would this be located?
You should have Ringtones as an option to check under Preferences - General

If you see Ringtones there, check that option, and you will find a new ringtones section appear under Library. If it's not there you will need to download a newer iTunes.