Need electronic geeks' advise

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
So here's my problem. My daughter had a nice stack of blank printed circuit boards a friend gave her that they found, that she was intending on making jewelry from. They were lying around for months and I decided to toss them, not knowing what they could possibly be for. Well, she's upset and I guess I should replace them seeing as how I probably overstepped my bounds . But the problem is where do you get these things? I don't want them with all the components and junk stuck on them, just the plain green boards with the printing. Anybody can give me an idea where to go? Thanks.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Most places that have those would ask you a ton of questions about why and what you wanted them for. I doubt they would buy your story lol. That was a rare find

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Go to some electronic junk dealer... He may provide u heaps of these. Or go to some electronic repair shop, they have these boards which r useless for them.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
"that was a rare find". That's what she told me. Stupid me thought they were some cheap garbage. Really kicking myself. Thanks.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Go to some electronic junk dealer... He may provide u heaps of these. Or go to some electronic repair shop, they have these boards which r useless for them.
A junk dealer wouldn't come across blank boards both your suggestions would have the chips on them, these blank boards are what manufacturers use and build their circuit boards for any electronic components. You might get lucky on some custom build site for computers but doubt it most of those guys buy specalty boards already equipted with chips and such they just add their own processor, ram, cd rom and harddrive

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Oh wouldn't knowing that these junk dealers don't sell blank boards. Thanks for correction dear.