Need for Speed is out!

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Where is Jarofclay? He always does great reviews and videos if anticipated games.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Where is Jarofclay? He always does great reviews and videos if anticipated games.
Here I am! I usually do videos of apps if no one has already done. There are plenty of great NFS:U videos including this one:

I was super pissed off when it finally came out because I have been waiting since November 2008.

I got it anyway.

I personally have a love/hate relationship with this game. Let me explain.

I have a lot of racing games which I like a lot. I actually bought "The Fast And The Furious: Pink Slip." I didn't get the latest one that promotes the movie "Fast & Furious." Anyway, I found it interesting that NFS:U is more like the "Fast" movie series than "Pink Slip." And, vice-versa, "Pink Slip" is more of a racing game than NFS:U.

I have had a hard time with the events where you have to deliver a car with minimal damage. I also had a tough time with the ones where you have to damage the other car. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even playing a racing game at all. It's a game that involves driving a car, but not always about racing.

See, I'm totally old school. I played the original "Test Drive" on the Commodore Amiga, which spawned future "Test Drive" titles and EA came out with their own racing game NFS.

So, "Ferrari GT Evolution" is still my favorite iPhone racing game - mainly because I don't see NFS:U as a racing game.

The part of NFS:U that I really love is the customization of the LOOKS of your car, which has been sorely lacking with the Gameloft titles.

At $9.99, I'm not sure I can recommend this game to most people. The die-hards should probably get it. If you don't mind doing other things with your car other than racing, then you won't be disappointed.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
It's good. But like all my racing games, not worth it. But I must say, It's still the gem of the lot, but I kind of regret it. But then again, i'd regret not buying it.

Long story short, buy it if you like the NFS titles, but if your not a fan, just pass it by like one of those fart apps. All though I must say EA has put a lot of thought into this one.