Need free app to unlock emoji!

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
Call me cheap, but I just don't like paying for apps (I may have bought 2 since the app store launched) and not to mention, paying to unlock something already on the iPhone somewhere.

So we need to get a free app to unlock emoji, if I could make programs, I would do it myself :)

Also, what else is hidden on the iPhone that can be accessed somehow?

I realize the jailbreak option, just not interested.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Call me cheap, but I just don't like paying for apps (I may have bought 2 since the app store launched) and not to mention, paying to unlock something already on the iPhone somewhere.

So we need to get a free app to unlock emoji, if I could make programs, I would do it myself :)

Also, what else is hidden on the iPhone that can be accessed somehow?

I realize the jailbreak option, just not interested.
You're not cheap!...and about not paying for all these fancy everyday use application, is your businesss! But still, - don't expect everything to be free ;)

If all iPhone users got the same attitude as you, there will be NO great apps, and we all will be jailbroken..

Bottom line - 0,99$ for these Emoji isn't going to rip you off!

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
what are you planning to use them for anyways? i haven't found anything useful for them at all.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
Question about these emotions: If you send them to buddies in an SMS, will they see them or would they need this app to unlock them as well?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Question about these emotions: If you send them to buddies in an SMS, will they see them or would they need this app to unlock them as well?
Every iPhone user will see them in SMS, mail or forums!

(EDIT: requires 2.2+)

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
Get emoji free...no jailbreak needed.

Step 1. Download the vcard.vcf

http://sasa.main.jp/emoji/vcard.vcf

Step 2. Import it to your address book program. If you are using Windows, you may want to do it on iPhone directly. Send the vcard.vcf file to yourself. Open in on iPhone’s Email.app, click the vcf file and import all the contacts.

Step 3. Go into “Settings” > “General” > “Keyboard” > “Japanese Keyboard”. Enable the QWERTY keyboard.

Step 4. In notes or any other program you want. Type “emojia”, “emojii” or “emojiu” to select those :) icons.

Step 5. Happy Emoji!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Step 2. Import it to your address book program. If you are using Windows, you may want to do it on iPhone directly. Send the vcard.vcf file to yourself. Open in on iPhone’s Email.app, click the vcf file and import all the contacts.

Step 3. Go into “Settings” > “General” > “Keyboard” > “Japanese Keyboard”. Enable the QWERTY keyboard.

Step 4. In notes or any other program you want. Type “emojia”, “emojii” or “emojiu” to select those :) icons.

Step 5. Happy Emoji!
LOL ..great tip - someone just got my 0,99$... ;)

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
doh

Step 5. Happy Emoji!

Tried this... but when I can select the icons, it pastes in a whole line of emoji's, I can't select them one at a time. Not to mention I now have 27 new contacts, each being a line of emojii icons :)

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tried this... but when I can select the icons, it pastes in a whole line of emoji's, I can't select them one at a time. Not to mention I now have 27 new contacts, each being a line of emojii icons :)
Maybe it was a good idea for me to offer 0,99$....LOL ;)

Mavery003

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Can you use them in emails etc? Not many friends have iPhones, plus I have the cheap 200 SMS plan. I wouldn't want to get the symbols and only be able to use them for SMS with other iPhone users...

Anyone know other uses? THANKS!

P.S. I don't know why I even want these things...I'm not exactly one of those people that put smiley faces with 100 exclamation points after every sentence haha

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can you use them in emails etc? Not many friends have iPhones, plus I have the cheap 200 SMS plan. I wouldn't want to get the symbols and only be able to use them for SMS with other iPhone users...

Anyone know other uses? THANKS!

P.S. I don't know why I even want these things...I'm not exactly one of those people that put smiley faces with 100 exclamation points after every sentence haha
A picture is worth 1.000 words, a smiley is worth 10 words...

You can only use these emoji's with other iPhone user - in SMS, e-mails and forum like EIC.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
I don't know why I want this either... it's just something new I guess! :)

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I thought it worked for everyone. I only have like 4 friends with iPhones. So Not worth the trouble yet.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Let me warn everyone that this emoji is VERY problematic when texting people who are using an iPhone on T-Mobile. Not only does the emoji not show up, but the entire text that contains any emoji isn't even delivered. For example, I was texting my sister (who has an iPhone on T-Mobile) using some emoji and I noticed she wasn't responding. I then did a test and sent her 10 texts, numbered 1-10 and for the even numbers, I included an emoji with it. I then asked her what texts she received.....and she said only 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.

This is very weird to me because I would think worst case scenario the emoji just wouldn't show up, not the whole text to be undelivered!

On the other hand, I used emoji to text a friend who is on an iPhone with AT&T and he was indeed able to see it.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
That's weird, my girlfriend (iPhone 3G "JB" - Canada "Rogers") emails and text messages me (iPhone 2G "JB" - US "T-Mobile") regularly with emoji...I receive every message and she receives every message I send.

Let me warn everyone that this emoji is VERY problematic when texting people who are using an iPhone on T-Mobile. Not only does the emoji not show up, but the entire text that contains any emoji isn't even delivered. For example, I was texting my sister (who has an iPhone on T-Mobile) using some emoji and I noticed she wasn't responding. I then did a test and sent her 10 texts, numbered 1-10 and for the even numbers, I included an emoji with it. I then asked her what texts she received.....and she said only 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.

This is very weird to me because I would think worst case scenario the emoji just wouldn't show up, not the whole text to be undelivered!

On the other hand, I used emoji to text a friend who is on an iPhone with AT&T and he was indeed able to see it.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
That's weird, my girlfriend (iPhone 3G "JB" - Canada "Rogers") emails and text messages me (iPhone 2G "JB" - US "T-Mobile") regularly with emoji...I receive every message and she receives every message I send.
Wow, I wonder what my problem is then...

Me and my sister are both on 2.2, the only difference is she is on T-Mobile and I AT&T. She consistently receives 0 texts that have any emoji in them.