Need help: 3.0 -> 2.2

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have tried 3.0 Beta as tester, but regret this, and I would like to go back to stock 2.2 / 2.2.1.

I have follow some guides, but I'm stuck with "iTunes logo and USB cable" on my iPhone?

These guides also say that I should use the QuickPWN?

Looking forward to some help...thanks ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
QuickPWN is for jailbreaking. I don't think you need to use that to revert back to 2.2.1, but I'm not 100% sure on that as I haven't used 3.0.

Your phone is in recovery mode, it now needs to be put in DFU mode:
Hold the home button for 5 seconds, hold the home and power buttons together for 10 seconds, then release the power button while continuing to hold the home button until your iPhone goes into DFU mode.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Are you using windows or a MAC?

Windows is easier

1 - Open iTunes
2 - Get your iPhone in DFU mode
3 - Select restore iPhone (using the original 2.2.1 firmware, not a custom one)
4 - Let your iPhone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013
5 - Close iTunes
6 - Open Quickpwn. you will get a message saying to hold power and home for 15 seconds.
7 - Turn on your iPhone by holding power button for 2 seconds (do not continue with the jailbreak)
8 - Open iTunes and your iPhone is recognized and activated (do not close quickpwn)
9 - Once activated you can continue with the jailbreak, if you like

I am not certain whether you need to open quickpwn or not, the instructions called for it so I did it. You also should realize you will get this error every time you need to restore because the baseband cannot be downgraded.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Are you using windows or a MAC?

Windows is easier

1 - Open iTunes
2 - Get your iPhone in DFU mode
3 - Select restore iPhone (using the original 2.2.1 firmware, not a custom one)
4 - Let your iPhone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013
5 - Close iTunes
6 - Open Quickpwn. you will get a message saying to hold power and home for 15 seconds.
7 - Turn on your iPhone by holding power button for 2 seconds (do not continue with the jailbreak)
8 - Open iTunes and your iPhone is recognized and activated (do not close quickpwn)
9 - Once activated you can continue with the jailbreak, if you like

I am not certain whether you need to open quickpwn or not, the instructions called for it so I did it. You also should realize you will get this error every time you need to restore because the baseband cannot be downgraded.
You need to open QuickPwn, but that is all you need to do with it. It'll give you instructions to turn the iPhone off and reboot. That's all you need QuickPwn for. You can close it immediately after reading the instructions.