Need help adding Album cover art on iPhone

Jan 1, 2008
So I'm sick of having a pair of eighth notes for all my "album covers".
Since I don't download my songs off iTunes, is there a way to manually set album art for songs?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
So I'm sick of having a pair of eighth notes for all my "album covers".
Since I don't download my songs off iTunes, is there a way to manually set album art for songs?
You can have iTunes search for them, or google for the image, and drag and drop the image on top on the eighth notes, and that will replace the notes.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Add Album Art Work Without An iTunes Account
Is there a way of adding album artwork to an iPod Touch without using iTunes to insert? Recently I was asked this question so I decided to post this quick step by step guide to heal all those who do not know how to do this.
This is pretty simple to do and you don't need a iTunes account:
Step1. Find the name of the song you want to add album artwork for (lets say the song is Alicia Keys " No One" )
Step 2: Go on the internet and search for Album Alicia Keys No One ( I personally find Amazon is a good source for finding almost any album)
Step 3: Go to the link to the Album save the Album cover picture and might want to write the Genre, Year Album Release, that kind of stuff if you want I mean
Step 4: Then Go To iTunes and Select the song you want to add the artwork for and right click on it and select Get Info
Step 5: Go to the Artwork tab and browse to where you have stored save you the Album Artwork and Select it
Step 6: Click Ok then Sync your iPod touch or iPod (which ever you have) and you album artwork will be on your iPod touch or iPod when you to select them on your iPod touch or iPod
Note: The procedure is the same for any ipod device

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Add Album Art Work Without An iTunes Account
Is there a way of adding album artwork to an iPod Touch without using iTunes to insert? Recently I was asked this question so I decided to post this quick step by step guide to heal all those who do not know how to do this.
This is pretty simple to do and you don't need a iTunes account:
Step1. Find the name of the song you want to add album artwork for (lets say the song is Alicia Keys " No One" )
Step 2: Go on the internet and search for Album Alicia Keys No One ( I personally find Amazon is a good source for finding almost any album)
Step 3: Go to the link to the Album save the Album cover picture and might want to write the Genre, Year Album Release, that kind of stuff if you want I mean
Step 4: Then Go To iTunes and Select the song you want to add the artwork for and right click on it and select Get Info
Step 5: Go to the Artwork tab and browse to where you have stored save you the Album Artwork and Select it
Step 6: Click Ok then Sync your iPod touch or iPod (which ever you have) and you album artwork will be on your iPod touch or iPod when you to select them on your iPod touch or iPod
Note: The procedure is the same for any ipod device

You can further simply the steps by right-clicking (talking Windows here) the album art (in Amazon.com, for example), choose "Copy", start song in iTunes and while it's still playing, right-click the "Now Playing" box in iTunes and "Paste". The album art shows up instantly and stays embedded in the song without need for a separate save in your computer.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
now that i know how to do this i will be doing it a lot over the next few weeks..

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
You can further simply the steps by right-clicking (talking Windows here) the album art (in Amazon.com, for example), choose "Copy", start song in iTunes and while it's still playing, right-click the "Now Playing" box in iTunes and "Paste". The album art shows up instantly and stays embedded in the song without need for a separate save in your computer.
I don't see a "Now Playing" box anywhere while a song is playing.
What am I missing?

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks reason, but I guess that is only "Mac" specific because your screenshot is different than my "Windows" layout, mine is just blank in that area. (All the more reason for me to get a Mac next time, right? ;)).

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks reason, but I guess that is only "Mac" specific because your screenshot is different than my "Windows" layout, mine is just blank in that area. (All the more reason for me to get a Mac next time, right? ;)).
It's the same screenshot for Windows. Make sure you're running latest version of iTunes.