Need help! Are my standards too high?

leshric

Jul 16, 2008
I've been spending too much time on this and I was hoping that some of ya'll might be able to help. I've been looking for a case for my new 3g with the following criteria:

1. Scratch Protection
2. Low Profile with a tight fit and doesn't cover any of the face
3. Drop protection

I was first leaning towards Incase protective cover, but read that it as well as other rubber/silicon cases can get loose and let dirt in which in turn scratches the phone

Then I looked at the invisibleshield, but it provides no drop protection and the corners didn't look good in the pictures I saw

Then I was thinking about the Griffin Elan Form, but read that it and other hard cases scratch the phone with the polycarbonate and also provide little to no drop protection.

Does the case I want even exist? Please chime in with your recommendations!

Thanks!

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey

leshric

Jul 16, 2008
Yeah, that one would be ok, but I'm worried about the fit. I want it to be snug and stay snug! I decided to go ahead and get an invisibleShield. I went to a mall cart here locally and they had them in stock. I got to see an iPod touch with one on it and the corners looked much better. The orange peel texture was also not that bad.

I figure that using that will take care of scratch protection and then I can decide whether or not I really need drop protection. In that case I'll probably get something like what you recommended above.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have been looking into the exact same dilemma with iPhone cases. I kind of like this new iSkin fuze. It seems to address most of those issues. The only problem is that there is no iPhone 3G release yet, although it is coming. Also, they are rather pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:

leshric

Jul 16, 2008
That does look like it would work. As mentioned above, I did go ahead and get an invisibleSHIELD and I'm really happy with it so far. Very fingerprint resistant and clear at the same time. It does have a bit of a texture but it's not major. The fit is great as well and it wasn't too overly difficult to apply.

If I decide that I need to get drop protection, then that iSkin would be the way to go!

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I have a Sena case for my Q (case heavily dinged but q untouched)and ordered the same for my iPhone, only problem is I don't have an iPhone and don't know when I will be allowed to purchase one. Apples distribution system sucks a big one yes AT&T 2.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
InvisibleShield by Zagg is a great product. The only problem I have with it is that it offers no shock protection from drops such as landing on concrete. I also don't care for the application process of sprays and squeegees, although it does a great job once it is applied.

I guess it mostly depends on the person's individual preferences.