Need Help ASAP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 31, 2007
I followed the easiest way link left by Tinman to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone and couldn't get it to work. So I decided to restore it just for the sake of restoring it. when i connect to iTunes it says tha it cant read info on the phone and prompts me to restore the phone. after iTunes downloads the restore software it says that the iPhone cant be restored due to unknown error 18. anybody know what to do? Thanks so much!

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I followed the easiest way link left by Tinman to jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone and couldn't get it to work. So I decided to restore it just for the sake of restoring it. when i connect to iTunes it says tha it cant read info on the phone and prompts me to restore the phone. after iTunes downloads the restore software it says that the iPhone cant be restored due to unknown error 18. anybody know what to do? Thanks so much!
1. Turn iPod Touch OFF completely.
2. Plug iPod Touch into PC/MAC while still of.
3. Turn iPod touch on, then IMMEDIATELY do the following steps \/
4. Hold the 'Home button' and 'sleep/wake' button together for atleast 5 seconds.
5. The Apple logo will appear
6. When this happens release the 'sleep/wake' button BUT KEEP HOLD OF 'HOME' BUTTON
7. Your iPod will reboot (Apple logo)
6. iTunes will recognize iPod in 'Recovery mode'
8. You will be able to 'restore' your iPod Touch now.

The above works with the iPhone as well. I got this off the Apple support forums. Haven't had to do it myself.