Need help ASAP..

Sep 29, 2007
I need to take an important call and my phone is stuck on "Attempting to reboot" using the 1.1.3 JB method. It has been 25 mins 8:00-8:25pm Eastern Time and it hasn't moved.

If I did an automatic shutdown would it do the same thing or should I continue to wait? Last time I did this it restarted within seconds...but of course didn't work.

EDIT: NEVER MIND IT WORKED :)

Aug 9, 2007
I need some immediate help myself. Trying to use x666x's method, but i'm lost at step 7. I don't know how to do that restore. I tried the 1.1.1 file, which still left me at "incorrect SIM", so i tried a regular restore which just restored me to stock 1.1.3

Sep 29, 2007
I need some immediate help myself. Trying to use x666x's method, but i'm lost at step 7. I don't know how to do that restore. I tried the 1.1.1 file, which still left me at "incorrect SIM", so i tried a regular restore which just restored me to stock 1.1.3
You will need to downgrade to 1.1.1 and repair your basehand and then jailbreak and oktoprep to 1.1.2. From there download BSD Subsystems and the latest installer and download the Offical 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade or whatever its called.

It worked for me but I am having major issues so I recommend backing up using BossTool which I didn't use because it lost all my apps last time I used it.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Crash,
If you're following x666x's method, the "incorrect SIM" message is supposed to happen. Your phone will not have phone service until you're back up to 1.1.3. In step 7, "restore from a previous backup" does not mean to do a restore of a firmware. (I know the phrase can sound misleading, but that's how iTunes states it). Just plug in your phone and fire up iTunes. It'll ask you to pick from one of two options: "restore from a previous backup" or "setup as a new phone". Choose "setup as a new phone".

You will need to downgrade to 1.1.1 and repair your basehand and then jailbreak and oktoprep to 1.1.2. From there download BSD Subsystems and the latest installer and download the Offical 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade or whatever its called.
Actually, x666x's tutorial does not have you repair your baseband. This is so you can have a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with 1.1.3 baseband. That way, Google Locator works natively, without relying on third party fixes.