NEED HELP Backing up my phone numbers please asap!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Ok so apparently when you call Apple and you state what's going on with your phone they say. "OK is it ok with you if I put you on hold for just a few minutes to gather up some information and then we'll be able to solve your problem." And then you wait 45 minutes to music you can't even enjoy just to have them forget about you or disconnect you. yes this already happened to me 3 times tonight so Apple Support is worth a big nothing. SO anyway my problem of the night is the fact that I believe that AppTapp for the 1.1.1. firmware has caused my phone to need to be restored again. The capacity is taken up by my songs but theres no music on it. I connect it to iTunes tells me I have to restore. I know the obvious Windows back up and the Yahoo Address Book but I don't have any of that. The Apple guy before he put me on hold did mention something about there's a way to save it as a file so I can back it up that way but we know how that went, he put me on hold. Sure enough he didn't come back. So if anybody knows how to back up my contacts without using obviously the two popular ways please let me know asap so I can restore my phone and have my music back. I thank you in advance and will much appreciate it. :laugh2:

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
When's the last time you synced it? Cause if you synced it like 3 days ago, as soon as you restore you will get all the numbers from the last time you synced.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
no I had the problem even before I hacked it so it really had nothing to do with that regardless of the apptapp it still deleted my music and I needed to restore it so I mentioned nothing about hacking on the phone and luckily I got an amazing guy from tech support and helped me restore it and had a few error codes while doing it but he cleared that right up so my phone is back in service. But i do need to backup my contacts no matter what in case this happens again