Need help, can't view mail!

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Ok, so i reinstalled 1.1.4 thinking that it might be my jailbroken phone. And whenever i try to click on my mail icon, it opens the screen for a second, then closes and goes back to the main screen. Can anyone help?

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
I had that problem after jailbreaking a few months ago. Did a lot of searching and tried Many things but ended ip restoring and taking it to the Apple store where they replaced it no questions asked. Gl to you.

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
edit: btw I never jailbroke again after that incident. I'm waiting for the app store

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I had that problem after jailbreaking a few months ago. Did a lot of searching and tried Many things but ended ip restoring and taking it to the Apple store where they replaced it no questions asked. Gl to you.
so you think they will replace mine with a new phone?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
posting the same question under different topics is pretty redundant

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
go to the iclarified source in installer and download the syncfix... Then turn your phone off and on and that should fix your problem...
YOU ARE THE MAN! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You just saved me from having to use a new restore point (couldnt use my backups, i found the root of the problem was in my backups so i would have lost everything) thanks again!

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
posting the same question under different topics is pretty redundant
#1 who gives a crap? If its going to get the problem fixed sooner than what harm is it posting it in 2 topics? Its not like i went around to EVERY topic and posted the question numerous times.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Wow...hahah lol. It wastes space and its annoying to spam the main board =)

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Wow...hahah lol. It wastes space and its annoying to spam the main board =)
its annoying to who? Your the only one complaining. Posting the reply in 2 boards isn't wasting space #1. #2 who the hell made you a moderator? unless someone who actually runs this board tells me otherwise i don't need to hear it from another member. Ive been on forums long enough to know what qualifies as post whoring.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Ok, sorry, I didn't know you were so much more special than everyone else and rules didn't apply to you.

Have fun replying to this...I have more important things to do!

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Ok, sorry, I didn't know you were so much more special than everyone else and rules didn't apply to you.

Have fun replying to this...I have more important things to do!
lol the rules don't say anything against posting the same thread in a SINGLE other forum. If it was whored throughout the forum then i can see what your saying, but its not. If you have more important things to do why do you care what i do? Let a moderator handle it and quit bossing people around.

J

john.methew4

Sorry i have no idea abt it that's why i can't help you .................you can for agoogle search...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
First, I'd restore, and then choose to setup as a NEW PHONE.

Then try to use your mail. If it works, carry on:

Then jailbreak your phone using pwnage (ziPhone has had some mail problems).
Try your mail again.
If it works, come back and say "thanks"
If it doesn't work, restore your phone again, and setup as new phone.
Try mail.
If it works, be happy.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
thanks anyway guys, i figured it out, one of my restore points was corrupted so i used an older restore point on iTunes.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
lol - if you read the first line of my last post

"First, I'd restore and then choose to setup as a NEW PHONE."

That would have worked, too. :)

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
For anyone that might come across this problem again the easiest way to fix it is to go to var/moblie/library/mail and set permissions to 777. After that shut your iPhone down and restart it and your mail app will work again.
Piece o' cake.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
lol - if you read the first line of my last post

"First, I'd restore and then choose to setup as a NEW PHONE."

That would have worked, too. :)
yes but that would have lost everything i had on the phone. And there were some important notes on there ;)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
yes but that would have lost everything i had on the phone. And there were some important notes on there ;)
Hmmm... True. I've lost many notes this way (restoring and messing with my phone). I guess I just deal with it. :)