Need help converting DVD using Handbrake for iPod touch

Mudkipz

Aug 20, 2008
Hey yall!

Just downloaded Handbrake. I want a movie on my iPod Touch, but havin some trouble, ripping the movie from the DVD. I use the iPod touch preset, but every time I ripped a movie, i got a screen with a lot of squares, all in different colors, and i can barely see the movie. Could someone help me? BTW, I'm using Handbrake version 0.9.2

Greetz,

Mudkipz

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you on a Windows computer? I had that problem with handbrake when i tried it on my old Acer... so i just gave up on it and used a program i had already paid for that worked perfectly fine. It was called Avex video iPod suite or something like that, if you're interested.

I've also heard that Videora is another good option if you want something for free.

Mudkipz

Aug 20, 2008
Ya, got Windows, but i'd love it the most if i just could use Handbrake...

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Hey yall!

Just downloaded Handbrake. I want a movie on my iPod Touch, but havin some trouble, rippin the movie from the DVD. I use the iPod touch preset, but every time I ripped a movie, i got a screen with a lot of squares, all in different colors, and i can barely see the movie. Could someone help me? BTW, I'm using Handbrake version 0.9.2

Greetz,

Mudkipz
Use the iPhone/iPod Touch presets but do the following:
In Output Settings change the Decoder from h.264 to MPEG 4
Set Crop to Automatic
Also uncheck Chapter Markers box

Nightowl

Aug 21, 2008
you need a video decrypter . I have one on my computer that was free. I will post the link next when I get back to the computer.