Need help deleting folder from categories

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
so I was trying to make a categories folder with almost no words. So I titled it "." now I have it on my springboard. But it has nothing in it with no options to edit. On top of that the categories app dosen't even see it so I can't delete it through that. How do I get rid of it?

Also even uninstalling catergories didn't get rid of it.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
There are several ways:

If you're on Windows, using WinSCP. If you're on a Mac, use Cyberduck or Fugu.

Alternatively, you can use the app Finder (listed as MobileFinder in Installer).

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I would prefer to use installer. Theres a folder titled ".." when I hit the Apple icon in finder. Would this be it? I didn't wanna try to delete something then screw my phone up because I deleted something important. Im gonna mess around with to try to find out myself, but how do you delete?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I would prefer to use installer. Theres a folder titled ".." when I hit the Apple icon in finder. Would this be it? I didn't wanna try to delete something then screw my phone up because I deleted something important. Im gonna mess around with to try to find out myself, but how do you delete?
To delete a file or directory in MobileFinder, you just highlight it, click on File, then Delete.

Hmmm...I just noticed that with my jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, I can no longer delete or edit any of my App files using MobileFinder. I could before. I'm wondering if this is caused by creating symlinks or because of the way 1.1.3 is jailbroken (I used Zibri's method).

To anyone else who uses MobileFinder, can you delete or edit files in the Application directory? I can delete/modify files outside of the Applications directory however.

Scottshotz...if you're having the same problems with MobileFinder as I am, you may have to use WinSCP or Cyberduck instead.