Need Help! Error says I can't restore to 1.0.2?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
I'm trying to restore to 1.0.2 and I hold the shift key and use the 1.0.2 zip file that I downloaded. It looks like its restoring for about 5 mins. After that it gives me the 1013 error saying that the iPhone can not be restored. Please somebody help! What should I do?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You cannot simply install 1.0.2 firmware via iTunes and expect it to downgrade. The baseband will not be restored down to 1.0.2 (this is why you get the error messages).

You need to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.2 get the errors, then manually run commands to delete the existing baseband and replace it with the 1.0.2 baseband.

Once again, doing a search on this site will tell you how to do it. It has been covered millions and millions and millions of times!

I can't. The guy that purchased it wanted it restored to 1.0.2. Someone has to have a solution to this problem!

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
You cannot simply install 1.0.2 firmware via iTunes and expect it to downgrade. The baseband will not be restored down to 1.0.2 (this is why you get the error messages).

You need to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.2 get the errors, then manually run commands to delete the existing baseband and replace it with the 1.0.2 baseband.

Once again, doing a search on this site will tell you how to do it. It has been covered millions and millions and millions of times!
The iPhone is currently running 1.0.2 with apptapp. I just want to restore it like new without apptapp. Do I still need to do what you mentioned above?

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
What is your modem firmware?

Settings -> General -> About -> Modem Firmware.
I'm sorry but do you mean on my phone or computer? My phone is stuck at the screen with the yellow triangle and its says please connect to iTunes.

I'll shoot someone some cash via paypal if they can help me solve this problem tonight. I have to get it fixed. I've already sold the phone!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
On your phone?

Download iBrickr and reboot your phone. That will fix that issue. It will boot the phone back into regular mode.

I'm sorry but do you mean on my phone or computer? My phone is stuck at the screen with the yellow triangle and its says please connect to iTunes.

I'll shoot someone some cash via paypal if they can help me solve this problem tonight. I have to get it fixed. I've already sold the phone!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
No, it will not do anything, unless you tell it to. Run iBrickr and plug your phone in. It will tell you that your phone is in restore mood and requires a reboot. That will take your phone out of the yellow screen.

Will ibrickr unlock or do anything else to my phone? I'm just trying to get it like a new iPhone with 1.0.2

Thanks for the help