Need help finding this one app I seen on Apple commercial

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Can someone please tell me that app that you can turn off the lights in your home using your iPhone? I just got my new issue of mac life in the magazine and there's a program in here that pretty much does that however its 89.99 I know the app on the Apple store probably does not cost that much I don't expect it to be a free service either. I know someone on here knows about it or has it. It's been shown on TV on the Apple commercials. Can someone please help a fellow eic member out here? Thanks much!:cool:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
X10 Commander, this is one of the apps which I'm know of, however, you need to get the different parts separately i.e the hardware.

Hope this helps.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Can someone please tell me that app that you can turn off the lights in your home using your iPhone? I just got my new issue of mac life in the magazine and there's a program in here that pretty much does that however its 89.99 I know the app on the Apple store probably does not cost that much I don't expect it to be a free service either. I know someone on here knows about it or has it. It's been shown on TV on the Apple commercials. Can someone please help a fellow eic member out here? Thanks much!:cool:
You are probably thinking of the Schlage LINK iPhone app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Also, I think that, Schlage is more for home security, rather than turning lights and opening garage doors etc..

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
OR he is thinking of what I've suggested. lol.

They both do more or less the same thing, it's up to you, CJ.
Possibly but here in the States, I was aware of the Schlage app before the commercial was aired. Recently, when the ad appeared again, I backed up the DVR to see the screen before the app was launched. That's why I offered up the Schlage app.

YMMV

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
OR he is thinking of what I've suggested. lol.
The app MrMike6by9 named is the one Cj was asking about. I saw that Apple commercial last week and paused it so I could see what the name of app was.

cormacnel

Mar 30, 2010
MrMike6by9 was right because it is the Schlage LiNK app. By the way, it was in 2 different commercials, the "12 Days of Christmas" & "Family Travel".

Also if you all are worried about cost Schlage is celebrating LiNK’s first birthday with you by giving a $50 rebate on the Schlage LiNK home management system’s Starter Kit.

Z-wave technology makes your smart phone part of your home security system. You may already know that you can live-stream security cameras, lock and unlock your doors, turn off/on your lights and control your thermostat from your phone or computer. The “app that turns off/on the lights” from the iPhone commercials is now more affordable than ever. The question is, is your lock a total home management system?

The rebate lasts through April 30th and is a cash rebate at Lowe’s and RadioShack but a mail-in rebate at any of the other 5,000 Schlage retailers.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the app or the rebate.

Full Disclosure: I work for Schlage but I thought you might be interested in the new price.

cormacnel

Mar 30, 2010
Rebate Almost Over

Just a reminder for everyone, the Schlage LiNK $50 Rebate will be ending on April 30th. So, go out and get a LiNK Starter Kit while you can still get this great deal.

Full Disclosure: I work for Schlage but I just wanted to remind everyone about the Rebate ending.

cormacnel

Mar 30, 2010
If you need more information about the Schlage LiNK feel free to email or put a message on my profile. Email: cnelson@whitehorse.com

Thanks for your interest!