Need Help getting Apps to run, Please!

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Here's my story in short. Have OTB 1.1.2. Was jailbroke before.. loved it. Accidentally updated to 1.1.3 and lost everything of course. I used this method last night to jailbreak 1.1.3 and worked perfect :laugh2:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tutorial-mac-pc-1-1-3-jailbreak-1-5-2hrs.19075/

Now the Apps i liked the most before don't run.... I would like some help getting these to work now if possible. i have used ssh a little but not a lot.

SMSD
SMSNotify
Taskbar Notifier

Thank you in advance.

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
Here's my story in short. Have OTB 1.1.2. Was jailbroke before.. loved it. Accidentally updated to 1.1.3 and lost everything of course. I used this method last night to jailbreak 1.1.3 and worked perfect :laugh2:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tutorial-mac-pc-1-1-3-jailbreak-1-5-2hrs.19075/

Now the Apps i liked the most before don't run.... I would like some help getting these to work now if possible. i have used ssh a little but not a lot.

SMSD
SMSNotify
Taskbar Notifier

Thank you in advance.

Here's your problem:
your modern firmware is not up to date w/ 1.1.3
rejailbreak with xxx666xxx tutorial
This should fix it

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Here's your problem:
your modern firmware is not up to date w/ 1.1.3
rejailbreak with xxx666xxx tutorial
This should fix it
That is the Tutorial your talking about!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Well, we're still a bit new into the 1.1.3 phase of 3rd party Apps. There's just been a handful that have switched over to the new "mobile" user rather than the old "root" user which the older apps are made to run under.

Some of the old Apps can be coaxed to work however, provided you place the proper symbolic links from where it wants to look for a file to the folder that it's been moved to. Its a lot of sleuth work if you're not already familiar with what the application is looking for, but you could start with the /var/root/Library/preferences folder and link that to /var/mobile/Library/preferences.

The safe alternative is to, of course, just wait for the application author to update their program for 1.1.3. This has already happened with popular apps like Customize and Summerboard.

It was just last week that a standard was finally "established" with the whole Jailbreak process, so naturally we're not going to see Apps stream in that quickly since some programmars were apparently recoding for Nate's JB while others for the Dev Team's lol. My tutorial uses the Dev Team's jailbreak which is the "official" jailbreak.

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
How would i go about linking them? As detailed as possible if you could....

I am using Summerboard now but i Didn't think Customize was working yet... i tried it today but couldn't get it to work.

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Can anyone explain how to link the folder to each other?