Need help getting iPhones out of recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by pwagon717, Aug 22, 2008.

1. pwagon717

pwagon717 New Member

I got two iPhones that i guess are in recovery mode( Plug cord going to a iTunes logo with music sign), I have window. I tried Winpwn, I do not know what firmware is on iPhones. One iPhone is not restoring on iTunes 7.7, the other one is asking to upgrade to 2.0.2? What can be done? I'll pay someone to get them back working and jailbroken/unlock.

2. Sirius389

Sirius389 New Member
    Bronze

Can you put them into DFU Mode?

http://sleepers.net/news/blank/dfu-mode/

then iTunes should recognize it and you can restore it

3. pwagon717

pwagon717 New Member

It does that but then it saids checking for Ipod instead of iPhone

4. Sirius389

Sirius389 New Member
    Bronze

are you sure it was in DFU, when it is in DFU you don't see the connect to iTunes logo...just making sure

5. pwagon717

pwagon717 New Member

yes, i got it into DFU, it gave me a 1601 now, so i might have to download an older iTunes

6. pwagon717

pwagon717 New Member

i got the 1605 error, should i run ziPhone, kiPhone, what should be the best thing to run to get it out of recovery

7. frankyfingerz

frankyfingerz New Member

hey, i just went to rename a theme & my phone locked up, & when i reboot it goes into recovery mode.. can u guys please help me out of this, i'm too far ahead to restore..

THX YOU! ii have iPhone 1g 2.1fw

8. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

I think the only option you have is to restore dude...sorry

9. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

You could try SSH'ing into the phone (if it's enabled) and try removing the culprit theme and see if that helps. If you can't, then I think a restore will be in order.

10. frankyfingerz

frankyfingerz New Member

i renamed "glass w weather" to "Theme: glass w\weather" then it disappeared on my winscp list, so i had to change the back to "glass w weather" using ifukingfunbox then went into winterboard & it locked up.. now i get recovery mode...... this sukssssss i know ifunbox proably caused the problem, i had a problem with someone elses iPhone with it, but never had no trouble with mine tell today

11. projectdarkside

projectdarkside New Member

Restore your phone man;)

12. frankyfingerz

frankyfingerz New Member

i got out of recovery mode in 1.1.3,.. theres no way out eh ? but ya i just finshed restoring.. alll this could have been avoid it if i had a good filebrower, anyone know of one i've tryed a couple but i can't find something were i can rename files from the iPhone. something else that would be nice, is a way to save my contacts to my simcard.. i just lost a couple numbers also..

13. krisses25

krisses25 New Member

i tried this procedure until restore is compete but it was back always to emergency call.

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.:mad:

i tried to reset my iPhone by pressing power and home bottom simultanously but failed!

14. ZAT

ZAT Member
    Bronze

There is an application out there called RecBoot that can put phones into and kick them out of recovery mode. I had to use it when I downgraded my 3G from 4.0.2 back to 3.1.3. Worked for me when the 3G was stuc in the rec mode. YMMV though.

15. soho100

soho100 New Member

My iPhone is not jailbroken but I thought I'd ask the question here too just in case someone can help.

I have an iPhone 3gs which will only start in recovery mode. Every time I try and restore it gets within 99% of completion on the phones progress bar and hangs there forever. I've tried different cable, different Mac, creating a new iTunes account, downloading restore file manually on different Mac's and pointing iTunes to it. I've tried version 4, 4.01, 4.02, all of which gave the message not compatible with this phone, 4.1 is the only one it accepts but it will not complete. Is there anything else I can try? I don't mind a solution if it means jailbreaking it.

Btw It's out of warranty.

Has anyone any experience with iRecovery...I'm wondering if it only for JB iPhones?

16. BlindSpoTT

BlindSpoTT Zealot
    Gold

download tinyumbrella. http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ download links are on the right side, get the one you need. plug your phone in, run it, and you will see a button that says "kick iPhone out of recovery mode," click it.

you should be good. btw, what error are you getting when you update? has the phone ever been jailbroken?

17. soho100

soho100 New Member

Downloaded and hit "kick iPhone out of recovery mode,", it restarts but wakes up still in recovery. The phone is not jailbroken. When I tried restore in iTunes it would get within 99% of completion on the phones progress bar and hang forever, now after running TinyUmbrella I get something different...an Error 3002...hmm, what now.

18. evolution83

evolution83 Zealot
    Gold

are you on the latest version of iTunes 10?

19. soho100

soho100 New Member

Yep ver 10. Still messing with it and now get a 1603 error (tried removing SIM and restoring again). Moved to a fresh Mac, tried to restore once again, now I'm back to it hanging on 'registering iPhone firmware' forever. Running out of ideas here. Thing is I don't know what software is installed. When I try and restore it installs 4.1. I tried shift+restore but it said 3.1.2 was not compatible. I wonder should I try a PC.

20. BlindSpoTT

BlindSpoTT Zealot
    Gold

hmmmm, well im stumped. that sucks, i really hope someone can help you. the reason none of the older firmwares are working, is because Apple is not signing them anymore. the only one you can put on it 4.1

try putting the phone into dfu mode.

turn phone on (as far as it will...)
    hold home+power for 10 seconds
    release power but keep holding home.

it should popup in iTunes saying it is in recovery mode, but the screen on the phone will be blank. then try installing 4.1 again. maybe even redownload a copy of it.