Need help in deciding a iPhone case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
So I've had this Seidio Case for about a week, and im very unhappy with it, it does not hold the phone snug, and the side is loose/to big. so i will be mailing iy back for a refund.

Now, I will be installing an invisible shield on my iPhone this week (front+back) and I would like another case on it just for that extra protection.

I was looking at the agent 18 case and the ISkin Revo case

I like the look Of both the agent 18 and ISkin case, but im just not sure how they will look in-person.

Since the agent 18 case is hard plastic, is it slippery? does it cause scratches underneath the phone? on the iskin revo, does it come with a screen protector (film type) and a shild guard (plastic covering?) if so can you use the iPhone with the shield guard on it? (touch screen wise)

If anybody has either or these cases would you mind posting pics?

are there any other cases i should take into consideration?

TIA
-Heller

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I had the incase rubber case, but quickly got rid of it after I found that it scuffs the chrome and is a lint magnet. I bought the Agent 18 case yesterday and love it so far. I went to get the black one, but my Apple store was out. I got the natural (white) one instead, and despite some other people's opinion here on the forums, I actually like it quite a bit. It really sets off the phone and sets it apart from others.

The case was hard to put on, in that you have to press pretty hard to slide it on. You think you might be scratching the phone, but I checked and not a single print was left (this is also the consensus from others here who have the case). The case holds the phone impeccably well; it does not slide or wiggle an inch. The pieces fit together great and you get an adapter for the universal dock so you can dock with the case on. I just have the dock that came with the phone, but if you have the universal one then it is an added bonus.

I also use a screen protector and it does not interfere in any way with the case. Overall, I am really happy, and as I said, the off-white color is growing on more and more.

I hope this helps!

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
I have the agent 18 case and love it. I will not fit with a film (invisible shield/bodyguardz) on it. I would suggest the power support crystal or anti-glare screen protector, they are amazing and accent the case wonderfully.

jgodden

Sep 6, 2007
Charleston WV
Ive been through 3 cases now, here are my experiences:

1. DLO Rubber skin w/ earbud holder - picked up too much lint, no belt clip, used it about a week, didn't like it.

2. Marware Quickvue - had it about a week, and the belt clip broke off. wouldn't recommend it.

3. Sena Magnet Flipper - By far the best. I love this case and would recommend it to anyone. Optional belt clip, very good coverage/protection. Very nice high quality leather.
http://www.senacases.com/Brands/apple-iphone-Cases/SENA-MAGNETFLIPPER-CASE-FOR-iPHONE

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I've been without a case so far 'cause I like the look of the phone's own chrome back, but now that I've dropped it three times I think a case is going to be a necessity! Good to see these reviews...

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I'm Thinking about ordering an Agent 18 case, can i use the "Invisible Shield" By shieldzone with this? weather is just be the front part of the shield or the whole body shield. if not what screen protector can i use? I'd prefer an anti-glare version.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
I'm Thinking about ordering an Agent 18 case, can i use the "Invisible Shield" By shieldzone with this? weather is just be the front part of the shield or the whole body shield. if not what screen protector can i use? I'd prefer an anti-glare version.
This case does not work with a film (invisible shield/bodyguardz/bse) applied. This includes the screen film if it covers any of the chrome bezel. I would suggest the Anti-Glare Power Support screen protector. It fits perfectly.

Oct 3, 2007
I don't have the case you asked about but...

I have a Sena Case in Pink, I really love it, I applied a screen protector which stopped the finger prints, I love the quality of the case it is made from nice leather, It has openings for all the functions of the iPHONE, and I will never have to remove the case to sync it or charge it. It is stylish and made well. i have owned other sena cases in the past and I am sure I have not bought my last, I think as the seasons change I will buy another so I can change my case to match my bags. Guuys may not care about that brown black and they are set, Sena Cases have colors that seem to appeal to just about every persons taste. I think you will find one there that you like. Check out their web site they must have 5 or 6 styles.

Fidous

Sep 15, 2007
iPhone case

I'm on my 3rd case, and the one I have now is by far the best: The Vaja. visit the website.. it's really nice. It did take a while to ship, since each case is custom. The fit is perfect and does not interfere with screen operation like the inCase I previously used. very low profile. the flip-up froncover folds back neatly for talking.

So I've had this Seidio Case for about a week, and im very unhappy with it, it does not hold the phone snug, and the side is loose/to big. so i will be mailing iy back for a refund.

Now, I will be installing an invisible shield on my iPhone this week (front+back) and I would like another case on it just for that extra protection.

I was looking at the agent 18 case and the ISkin Revo case

I like the look Of both the agent 18 and ISkin case, but im just not sure how they will look in-person.

Since the agent 18 case is hard plastic, is it slippery? does it cause scratches underneath the phone? on the iskin revo, does it come with a screen protector (film type) and a shild guard (plastic covering?) if so can you use the iPhone with the shield guard on it? (touch screen wise)

If anybody has either or these cases would you mind posting pics?

are there any other cases i should take into consideration?

TIA
-Heller

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
After looking at so many cases; on/offline, I decided to go with Vaja. They're pricey, but you get what you pay for. Besides, I figure if I can spend almost $500 on a phone, I can spend another $100 on a case.

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
i got the iskin revo and i have the Invisible Shield i use them both and it is the best protection ever. the revo comes with some stupid privacy film that is not good at all so if you get it don't use it. the main complaint with the revo was that there was no belt clip but now they came out with one (i don't have it so no idea how good it is) i don't use the plastic shield on the front of the revo i just have the Invisible Shield front guard on it and it works great.

***Get the revo and the Invisible Shield it works great*** i strongly suggest