need help jailbreaking please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
I have 1.1.2 firmware and want to jailbreak to get all the cool apps. Should I downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak if so can someone please run me step by step on how to jailbreak. please also a ? I have will this mess the phone up at all? Also foes this void the warranty? please help someone I don't want to mess up my phone!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I have 1.1.2 firmware and want to jailbreak to get all the cool apps. Should I downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak if so can someone please run me step by step on how to jailbreak. please also a ? I have will this mess the phone up at all? Also foes this void the warranty? please help someone I don't want to mess up my phone!
Downgrading to 1.1.1 is the only way you can do it. You then will have to upgrade again to 1.1.2 to get your phone working.

It's not difficult, but not impossible to get stuck either - the decision is yours at the end of the day.

You'll need to download a few things and study a guide BEFORE you start. It will technically void your warranty but you will be able to get the phone back to an as-new condition if you get stuck.

If you're up for it - and can spare an hour or so with no phone then go for it - just search for the guide in the modifications forum and get READING - many people just do it step by step and then come unstuck because they haven't read the guide. Just a tip there.

Hope that helps

Here's the guide if you are on Windows:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/this-is-how-to-jailbreak-a-1-1-2-otb-iphone.16428/

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS