Need HELP! Major Problem After instaling installer app by mistake

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Ok so i was Reading on my iPhone the post on not been able to download installer up at the Apple store. The next thread had a link and when i was scrolling down i hit the link by mistake, well to my surprise it started downloading stuff when it was done i notice it was the installer app.
I tried to erase it with no luck I did a search for fixes with no luck, the problem is now my phone wont connect to my computer to restore the phone, I used the reset all settings under settings with no luck and now i don't even have my contacts or any thing else on my phone for that matter, I Know the usb on my comp is working because i plug my wifes iPhone just to see if it worked.
Any help will be appreciated.:(

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I take it that your phone is not unlocked. You need to force it onto recovery mode. Plug it in with iTunes open. Hold the home and power buttons until an error message appears on the phone that says "please connect to iTunes." at that point, iTunes should give you a message that says it detects an iPhone in recovery mode. Follow prompts to restore heaven.

Good luck!

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I take it that your phone is not unlocked. You need to force it onto recovery mode. Plug it in with iTunes open. Hold the home and power buttons until an error message appears on the phone that says "please connect to iTunes." at that point, iTunes should give you a message that says it detects an iPhone in recovery mode. Follow prompts to restore heaven.

Good luck!
Thanks allot that worked just fine, my phone was not unlocked and I didn't wanted unlocked. Once again thanks, my next step was going to take it to Apple.