Need Help Permanently Deleting Songs From Library

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
I have iTunes 7.4.0.28 and cannot permanently delete any of the songs in the library or playlists. iTunes just removes them from the list but does not delete them off the computer...I thought it was supposed to ask to keep it on the computer or not...Does anyone know how to do this within iTunes instead of going one by one and deleting the mp3s off the computer manually? Thanks

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Well, I'm on a Mac and all I do is select the song and press apple-Delete and it will prompt you to either delete from playlist or Move to Trash. Select the move to trash and when you're done, just empty your trash. Voila!

You might want to find out the equivalent of "apple-Delete" keyboard combo if you're using Windows.

Good luck!

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I have iTunes 7.4.0.28 and cannot permanently delete any of the songs in the library or playlists. iTunes just removes them from the list but does not delete them off the computer...I thought it was supposed to ask to keep it on the computer or not...Does anyone know how to do this within iTunes instead of going one by one and deleting the mp3s off the computer manually? Thanks
Make sure you are not viewing the songs in a playlist.
If you are, then deleting the song will only remove it from the playlist.

Instead you must go to the Library view (top left in iTunes) to show you songs. Now select one from the list in the song pane on the right, and press delete. Or right-click delete.
That should bring up a two-stage dialogue - first do you want to remove it from the library, second do you want to move it to the trashcan.

Hope this helps.

tehpwnz0r

May 10, 2008
Permanently Delete Songs

If you're using Windows you actually can delete songs permanently from both the computer and library using this software called iClean Tunes. It gives you the option to do it by pressing Windows Key + Delete. It does other stuff too. goto http://www.icleantunes.com icleantunes (dot) com

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can also right-click and select to "View in Windows Explorer" and that will allow you to find the exact location of the song file. From there you can simply delete the file and it will be sent to the recycling bin and you can delete it permanently from there. Then you just delete the song from the iTunes library and you're set.

Sep 15, 2010
secure delete

Try Privacy protector Of "Advanced System Optimizer",it does the permanent deletion of your confidential information like history.u can download this from cnet.