Need Help Please 1.1.2 Downgrade/Upgrade

03whitegt

Jul 5, 2007
Hello all, Im needing a little help.

My phone was just recently replaced by Apple with new one running version 1.1.2. Im wanting my carbon filber theme back so I followed the steps to downgrade to 1.1.1, run Jailbreakme, upgrade back to 1.1.2, then Jailbreak again. Now where do I go from here? How do I know the downgrade and upgrade back to 1.1.2 worked? Now that I upgraded, should I still have the Launch Installer widget on my phone (because I don't).

Do I still use the iPhoneinterface to change things on the phone?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
if you've not got installer onthe sbringboard then you missed something out somewhere.

Steps:

Force restore of 1.1.1
get phone out of restore mode
use jailbreakme.com
install oktoprep
upgrade phone in iTunes
run 1.1.2 jailbreak
install ssh

03whitegt

Jul 5, 2007
Thanks for the help, I'll try again.

Whats SSH?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the help, I'll try again.

Whats SSH?
secure shell - its optional but useful . Allows access from a terminal or a SCP file transfer program. You will see the option there when you run the 1.1.2 jailbreak

Don_Ron

Aug 27, 2007
if you've not got installer onthe sbringboard then you missed something out somewhere.

Steps:

Force restore of 1.1.1
get phone out of restore mode
use jailbreakme.com
install oktoprep
upgrade phone in iTunes
run 1.1.2 jailbreak
install ssh
After Force Restore to 1.1.1, how do I get the phone out of restore mode on a Mac? I tried iNdependence 1.25, but nothing happens...

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
After Force Restore to 1.1.1, how do I get the phone out of restore mode on a Mac? I tried iNdependence 1.25, but nothing happens...
I use inDependence 1.3b - no problems with that at all. I think you can also use the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar java application.